motor mounts - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
motor mounts
Monday, January 22, 2007 1:23 AM
what are the motor mounts to buy? I see prothane or rksport for lower? which one of those? all i can find for upper is the rksport? How good are these and what are the pros and cons?

Re: motor mounts
Monday, January 22, 2007 5:18 AM
RK Sport has the upper prothane engine mount. They are the same ones that you are looking at, just on different sites. There is also a lower prothane engine mount, also known as the "dogbone" which RK Sport carries as well. The lower mount can be used on '95-'05 J-bodies, regardless of the engine. The upper engine mount is specific to which engine you have. They will both cause your car to rattle a bit due to the restraining of engine vibration. Just turn the stereo up.

Among the winners, there is no room for the weak
Monday, January 22, 2007 6:39 AM
i have both - the upper and lower mounts by RKSport and i only notice a lil extra vibration at idle-u so much as touch the gas and it goes away-w/the AC on however it rattles the hell out of the car...doesnt bother me tho-since then i have also installed the polyeurethane upper and lower tranny mounts too-not too much different than before tho-(05 cavy 5 speed)

"I can't believe you are doin all this to a Cavalier!"-Everybody Else
"Hey-at least its not a damn civic!!"-ME
Wednesday, January 24, 2007 8:04 PM
are these really worth it????

Friday, January 26, 2007 11:52 PM
Freddy wrote:are these really worth it????

For the price and their purpose, yes. They help eliminate some wheel hop and help with response a bit. It's not going to be some huge item and doesn't gain you horsepower or anything but when you understand it's purpose, it's worth getting.

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Saturday, February 03, 2007 10:43 AM
Check out turbotechracing.com, they have good mounts and also have a group buy going over on ecotecforum.com

People have compared their upper mount to rksport,and said there was less vibration with the TTR mount. Its also cheaper than the rksport upper mount.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search