Exhaust - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Exhaust
Monday, July 23, 2007 9:19 PM
Ok I want to install catback exhaust on my 05 sunfire and need to know the best bang for your buck, I dont want some high pitched rice muffler soud I want a deeper throaty sound and want to pick up some low end power, Also I need to know which system bolts up to a turbo down pipe easily.

Re: Exhaust
Monday, July 23, 2007 9:57 PM
First thing, read this so you understand why a exhaust system sounds the way it does: http://www.ecotecforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1999

My suggestion: Find a local exhaust shop that can do either Mendral Bends or Compression Bends with 2 1/4" piping. If you want a deep tone, get a long resonator. Magnaflow and many other companies sell them. Also get a Oval style muffler for more of a resonating sound and deeper tone.

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Wednesday, July 25, 2007 5:25 AM
The best bang for the buck in my opinion is the vibrant catback exhaust system. I have it on my car now and its very deep and throaty. Makes my car sound like it has more than basic bolt ons. I found the best pricing at neverenoughauto and they had it to me in less than a week. www.neverenoughauto.com
Wednesday, July 25, 2007 5:48 AM
What about dual catbacks who has the best sounding one that is kinda what i want is dual
Wednesday, July 25, 2007 6:00 PM
I would say that the Magnaflow Exhaust is pretty nice also. Never Enough Auto sells that, it was another exhaust i thought about getting before i decided to get the vibrant. Other than that I would say that the RK Sport Catback exhaust system sounds great also. I have heard that on a buddys car.
Thursday, July 26, 2007 3:09 PM
Never enough auto dosent carry any dual for the sunfire
Thursday, July 26, 2007 6:12 PM
Yes they do. It just isnt on their website. Call them up. I have the number on speed dial . 616-636-8856 EST I think they close around 5 or 6.
Saturday, July 28, 2007 12:58 PM
Has anyone installed the Dual RK Sport Catback ? how does it sound if so
Saturday, July 28, 2007 1:58 PM
Last I remember hearing it, it was more on the raspier side because of the mufflers they use and I don't think they use any resonators.

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Wednesday, August 01, 2007 8:16 AM
How does the Vibrant performance if so how does it sound
Wednesday, August 01, 2007 9:03 AM
Its is by far the best sounding exhaust system made for the jbodys. All i can say is WOW i have this system on my 03 cavalier and i love it. It is by far my favorite mod on my car. rfoglax has this on his car also. Amazing sound. I honestly can say people think i have more than just an intake and full exhaust. AMAZING i got mine from neverenoughauto.com and i also think that is where rfoglax got his as well. Neither of us had any problems!!! Great System. I get excited talking about it.

Wednesday, August 01, 2007 12:09 PM
Ok i think that is the way i am going to go then , you are the 5th person who said that um how much was it from neverenough auto. cause i found it 4 like 400 is that to much?
Wednesday, August 01, 2007 5:50 PM
Never enough sells it for 408 including shipping and handling. Their website is www.neverenoughauto.com also you can call it in if you'd like. Excellent people to deal with. Very down to earth people there.
Wednesday, August 01, 2007 9:03 PM
Anybody have any experience w/ the Borla exhaust set up for the J body? I'm coming out of a V8 world where Borla is held in very high esteem, so that is the exhaust I went with for my Cavvy...

AMERICAN ROAD WARRIOR!
"Life is a highway...AND I'M FULLA ROAD RAGE!"
1973 AMX 360 AMC
1987 T-Type Turbo 3.8
2004 Cavalier 2.2 Ecotec
Monday, December 03, 2007 8:27 PM
Yep I just ordered the Vibrant CBE System!!! Excited to see how it sounds with my K&N Typhoon Intake!!

2005 LS Auto (Blue)
-M62 Kit with 3.1"
-ZZP S3 H/E setup
-Pacesetter armor coated header
-Magnaflow 22" resonator (p/n 10436)
-Vibrant CatBack
-TTR Upper and Lower motor mounts
Tuesday, December 04, 2007 8:59 PM
You will like Magnaflows on a N/A motor..

My CarDomain!!! --- http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2543660
Friday, January 18, 2008 1:40 PM
from my experience it is cheaper to buy everything seperate, resonator/muffler/cat. then have a shop weld you up some madrel bend piping... it will be a lot cheaper then rksport.
if you want it to last then i wouldnt go with the vibrant.
and if you say you want some low end gains then i wouldn't recomend duel. i would stick with single unless you going purly for looks

I have one true love in my life...And my girlfriend sits next to me in it
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search