throttle body - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
throttle body
Monday, October 01, 2007 6:52 PM
hey whats up guys just kind of had a simple question on gettin the 62 mm throttle body, i am planning on getting the throttle body and hp tuners, but didnt know with the slightly increased airflow if i should tune with hp tuners and bigger injectors? i was also curious if anybody has found an adjustable fuel pressure regulator for the 02 cavalier ls sport?just wondering any advice much appreciated

Alex

02 red cavalier ls sport

Re: throttle body
Tuesday, October 02, 2007 8:31 AM
This is just my personal opinion and experience

You will notice some power gains in the higher part of your RPM band but you will have a drop off in the lower part of your powerband. Basically, it's a shifting of your powerband.

Why?

The change in air intake velocity. You'll be increasing the possible volume but slowing down the velocity (speed) of the air traveling.

If you were planning on doing more modifications to suit a high RPM oriented powerband, I'd say go for it but if you're not touching your limiter and not doing any type of camshaft change, then I'd say keep it as is.

As far as injectors, I'd get some type of device like a interceptor to help display your current maximum duty cycle. If it's peaking mid 80% to low 90%, then getting slightly larger injectors and tuning for the larger injectors would benefit you because they would be working more efficiently.

Incase you didn't know: stock injectors are 24 # and you have high impedance injectors. Look into the LSJ injectors, they are 32 # injectors.

I doubt though if you change your throttle body that you'd have that much of a difference in air flow at peak power to warrant needing new injectors but try it and see if you really want to. Plus with a naturally aspirated setup, you can run leaner in the low 13s a/f and be absolutely fine but of course that changes from setup to setup but it's just a general.

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Tuesday, October 02, 2007 6:27 PM
Adam Can I use lsj injectors on my l61saturn 05
Wednesday, October 03, 2007 4:58 AM
hucker . wrote:Adam Can I use lsj injectors on my l61saturn 05

Yes.

I'm not sure if you need the injector harness or not though but it will fit and they are high impedance injectors.

FYI: ALL ECOTEC Injectors are High Impedance Bosch style injectors that you can use on each motor EXCEPT the LNF (2.0 T) motor because it has direct injection.

Wednesday, October 03, 2007 7:29 PM
will it make a diffence or it useless

thx njhk
Thursday, October 04, 2007 3:49 PM
hucker . wrote:will it make a diffence or it useless

thx njhk

I talked about this in my fuel system FAQ

http://www.ecotecforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2743

Quote:

When should I change my fuel injectors?

You only change your fuel injectors when they are starting to exceed a certain duty cycle. The industry standard is 80% - 85% duty cycle maximum that a fuel injector should flow. Anything higher, you run the risk of overheating from the kinetic energy that they produce which will cause them to not open/close efficiently or just plain failure.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search