Now.... hating the Ion - Maintenance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Now.... hating the Ion
Thursday, April 08, 2004 8:00 PM
Stupid, stupid, stupid car.
Well maybe not all the cars fault. Dealer is to blame too.
been in for warranty work 5 times in the last 4 months. Need to go again.
Dealer always says "need to order parts, will call when they come in"
AND THEY NEVER CALL
I end up spending time finding rides to and from, dealer won't give out loaners or even give a ride back and forth most of the time.
Now steering column is creaking/groaning all the time and its driving me nuts. But dont have a way to take it in and dont want to go back to the same dealer
All other dealers are too far away.

Thanks for listening

sig not found

Re: Now.... hating the Ion
Sunday, May 16, 2004 10:20 AM
sorry for you, my dealer is awsome.
Wednesday, July 21, 2004 12:41 PM
Saturn sucks.

Your saturn dealer that is.
Friday, August 20, 2004 8:36 AM
Your best bet is to find another dealer, even if it is further away. Would you rather suffer with your current dealership? Would you rather sell the car and lose thousands? Or would you rather find a better dealership that can help you out, and save you time and frustration?

I would suggest to switch.
Friday, August 20, 2004 2:43 PM
Man this is back from the dead... lol

I would like to go to a different dealer.
But this one, Saturn of Southgate, is the only one even remotely near me. It still about 15-20 minutes from my work and like 1 hour and 1/2 from my home. There is another dealer only 15 minutes from my home, but during business hours I'm no way near here.
So I'm just stuck.

sig not found
Friday, December 10, 2004 8:22 PM
sorry to hear your dealer sux but mine take good care of me i usually take my car to

Saturn of Houston Northwest 290 or Saturn of North Houston

and as for warranty work i take mine in all the time but i guess its because for every little thing i take it in they probably talk mad @!#$ about me but i dont care i want to have my car looking good because a car just aint a car its an investment.

so what i think you should do i continue using the same dealer but just light a fire under their asses and they will get your work done quicker (never had to do that with mine and hope i dont have to)

and remember when they tell you something that you dont want to hear just tell them " i thought saturn wuz all about tha customer Saturn: People First"!!!!!!!!
Tuesday, March 15, 2005 7:34 AM
go straight to the store manager if they give you hassles about anything. I've had to do that with my dealership. i've escalated issues with the service dept. manager and because he's always blaming everything on mods, I've gone to the store manager. Trust me, they do not want to lose customers. They will accomodate you if you push hard enough.
Tuesday, March 22, 2005 10:04 PM
Check it Promotec, call the 1-800 GM Customer Service number and explain to them what your dealership is doing to you, then they will put you on hold while they call the dealership right then and there and Customer Service will help you out a lot. Then 1-800 should be in you owners manual.
Just tell them that you want to file a complaint against that dealership if your that pist off at them
Wednesday, March 23, 2005 2:26 PM
Thanks for the suggestions, but i think its a lost cause.
Overall, This Ion hasn't been the best of cars.
I bought it in May of 2003
SInce then (less than 2 years) it has been in for warranty work to 2 different dealers about 15 times. Most of which has happened since I first posted this a year ago.

No start because of bad igniton switch twice. GM has a bulletin on this. Second time, Saturn Roadside Assistance "lost" my car for 3 days and suddenly found it and delivered it to the dealer after like 30 phone calls to them and then finally informing them that I was reporting the car as stolen to the police.

Steering Groan is still there even though the dealers have had it 5 times and each time they "grease the intermediate shaft"

Horn Failed.

Headlight Housings burned.

Headlight Recall 1 month after previous was fixed.

Control Arm bushings failed.... same as the J-body ones fail.

Wipers fell off the car.

CD player skips really bad. Bought aftermarket after dealer replaced radio once.

Clutch drags when I first start the car making it almost impossible to put into gear. GM has bulletin on this, too, for bad disc. Dealer replaced Master cylinder. Still drags.

WInd noise (whistling) by left ear when on highway or when HVAC is not in recirculation mode at high speed. Dealer blamed dirty Cabin Air Filter. Replaced for $30. Still whistles.

Heater blower motor Clicks REALLY loud at low speed. Louder than average radio volume. Dealer cut something as per some TSB. Still makes same noise.

And much more, but I'd have to dig up the receipts to look it all up.

Worst of all is that it seems the whole world is fully aware of these problems. Which I found out when I tried trading the car in on a newer, better car about 5 months ago. It seems that my $14000, 1 and 1/2 year old Ion only had a blue book value of $6800. Which was about $5000 shy of what I still owed on it. So in the end I'm just stuck with this POS till its paid off.

sig not found
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search