how do u remove the dash around the stereo in an 04 cavalier - Maintenance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
how do u remove the dash around the stereo in an 04 cavalier
Monday, February 05, 2007 1:24 PM
how do u remove the dash around the stereo in an 04 cavalier

Re: how do u remove the dash around the stereo in an 04 cavalier
Monday, February 05, 2007 5:58 PM
if its the same as an 03, there are 2 pieces to take off. the top dash piece and the front dash piece. for the top piece, there are 8mm bolts(i think 8 mm), open the glovebox there a 2-3 at the very top inside the glovbox, and there are two gold ones farther inside that hold the airbag support. dont worry about the bag, it is not part of the top dash. next open the fuse box cover on the drivers side and pull the whole side pannel off. you will see another bolt there. and if you go to the passenger side pannel and pull it off there is a screw there (i think). the defrost screw is there too and the defrost pannel comes out. next the top part of the dash comes out. next you will see various screws along the top of the instrument dash pannel. make sure you are gentle with everything and take time and care. i didnt the first time and ruined my top cover. with some wiggling and manovering the instrument dash pannel comes out. put tilt steering all the way down. make sure not to pull the dash out too far right away, and then unplug everything. then you can get at the radio. Good luck
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search