2002 ecotec burning oil, smoking, noise, Pontiac GA - Maintenance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
2002 ecotec burning oil, smoking, noise, Pontiac GA
Sunday, May 06, 2007 6:17 AM
My GA Stalled when I wanted to stop after leaving a canyon. It would not start up. It was like it was flooded. I was still on a hill so I coasted in neutral then let the clutch out in 5th gear about after a quarter mile it started up then had begun to smoke white and blue. It stalled on me in the same way the day before after going down a mountain road not using any throttle. My O2 sensor came on also. A month before I replaced that Ignition coil thing that's always burning up on them. I believe its the TCS F#%@@(% up that makes them take the SH#t. Anyhow my car has 81000 miles and has had its recommended maint. So I bought a reclaimed engine out of a 04 Cav. I hand picked it. Cost is 532.00, not bad. I'm not sure if coasting in gear without the engine firing right made the smoking problem. I have seen a couple of GM Service bulletins talking about the same problem. Some have a incorrect deck height and one of the piston sleeves unseats and moves, another is similar but the rings wear or break. My plugs just have a little oil on them. The engine maintained 195 to 200 in temp like it should. Coolant system if full and under correct pressure. It was a 6 mile ride home and it consumed 3 quarts of oil. If anyone has a scanner or can email me literature on swap out the 2.2l would be great. I'm going to video my car and post it on you tube so we can all learn about this problem. If you had this problem write about it, let me know. It looks like I'm gonna end up with a couple spare parts if you know what I'm saying, I'm gonna need a new 02 sensor, perhaps trade or barter huh!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search