Front pads on an 03 Sunfire. - Maintenance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Front pads on an 03 Sunfire.
Tuesday, July 10, 2007 2:17 AM
When I replace my pads it seems as though the outside pad is wearing twice as fast as the inside one and this is consistent with both RH and LH assemblies? Has anyone else noticed that the outer pads wear a heckuva lot faster than the two interior pads?

A local automotive shop sells this device which allows you to rotate and depress caliper pistons when changing the brake pads. I know it's not a "brake pad spreader" cause you can't rotate a caliper piston with a brake pad spreader.

Do understand that I just browsed through this catalogue now and as of this moment I don't know if it is possible to rotate the caliper pistons on an 03 sunfire but I was ust wondering if anyone else has noticed this "unequal" brake pad wear between the inner and outer pads.

JCO SOUTH

Re: Front pads on an 03 Sunfire.
Thursday, July 19, 2007 11:25 AM
it sound like your caliper is sticking , i just changed mine on my 2003 sunfire , and since then it's okay , but also it could be the brake master cylinder , and the return line , and how often do you change them ,
Saturday, July 28, 2007 5:45 AM
it sounds like your sliders are stuck, I'd take amount, clean and lubricate them.
Friday, September 28, 2007 8:51 AM
Well when you change your breaks all you really have to do is take it apart...put the old pad back on the piston...take a c-clamp push the piston down so you can get the new break pads over the roater....but what most people don't realise is the need to seat your breaks.....its very important for long lasting...even waring brakes....to seat them you need to go from about 20mph to 5 about 5 times...then go 30 to 5 about 5 times...don't slam on the breaks just slowly stop...and then your done seating your brakes....and i think your looking at the tool that allows your to rotate the piston on most rwd disk break setups...rear pistons screw in and out....

167,000 on an Ecotec since 02

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search