Faulty G5? - Maintenance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Faulty G5?
Tuesday, August 14, 2007 5:08 PM
I have owned a 2007 G5 since October of 2006. It has run perfectly until this past June. I was driving home from work, 70mph on cruise control, around 11:00pm and my car lost power. (no headlights, brake lights, dome, nor dash) except for white LED's that came on (which i haven't seen since). The car slowed down abruptly. i forced it into neutral and restarted the car as it continued to roll in the break down lane. It ran normal for the rest of the drive home. It happened again today, around 5pm on the same highway on the way home from work again. This time cruise control was set at 65mph.

Any ideas? Pontiac thinks it may be the computer but unless they find an error code I'm S-O-L.

Re: Faulty G5?
Thursday, August 16, 2007 3:48 AM
Sounds like a computer issue if all electronics shut off on the car and then came back on.

Sorry to hear about that. Hopefully it won't happen again.

By the way, I moved the thread to the maintenance forum.

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Re: Faulty G5?
Friday, August 17, 2007 11:20 AM
Did the dealership scan for codes? Even though no malfunction indicator lamps are lit, there still may be pending codes available in the memory. Next time this happens, try to check carefully for dash lights. See if the "reduced engine power" icon lights up on the dash. It's a little engine icon with a downward arrow. This being lit would indicate a throttle by wire concern. Saying the 'computer is bad' is a really broad statement. This car is full of computers.

Joel

2007 Cobalt LS 4dr, 2.2L, Auto, bone stock deluxe poor man's package.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search