03 Cavalier Electrical Problem - Maintenance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
03 Cavalier Electrical Problem
Saturday, April 01, 2006 6:21 PM
Sometimes my cars auxillary power will come on without me putting the key into the ignition,especially when the inside of the car gets hot from a sunny day. The lights on my dash light up and this also causes my anti-theft to go off and the power drains my battery. Also when I turn the car off after driving the A/C continues running until I turn it to the OFF position. I've had it numerous times where it has drained my battery. Does anyone have any ideas or tips that I can do to fix this problem?

Re: 03 Cavalier Electrical Problem
Monday, August 06, 2007 5:32 PM
do you have an aftermarket remote starter or alarm on the vehicle? that could be the problem, or it could be something wrong with your ignition
Monday, September 03, 2007 6:04 AM
proberly who ever put in ur alarm @!#$ it most likely or somethings gettin power when its not supposed too i aint goin lie im a mechanic and if u brought that to me id proberly have a bad day,,lol...but bring it in and if they cant help u and say some bull@!#$ why they cant fix it just go somewhere else....
Friday, September 28, 2007 9:00 AM
kinda sounds like your ecu....go through all your fuses and make sure you dont have any burnt ones....then get the ecu checked...

167,000 on an Ecotec since 02

Friday, November 09, 2007 11:54 AM
Check into the ignition recall with the cavaliers. That sounds pretty similiar
Sunday, August 31, 2008 9:36 AM
check the harness from factory wireing behind your deck may have melted two wires together
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search