i put headers on my car and now in reverse i have this problem - Maintenance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
i put headers on my car and now in reverse i have this problem
Saturday, November 03, 2007 11:03 AM
i bought a pacesetter header for my car and im not sure if its from n-bombing it or somethings messed up with the header or something but i have this really bad sound coming from my engine in reverse...

anyone know if it could be the transmission or header?

if its transmission than i have a reason to do the transmission swap i've wanted to do for a while

Re: i put headers on my car and now in reverse i have this problem
Friday, February 22, 2008 5:08 PM
well your motor turns the same way for forward and reverse......haha cant be the header....prolly in ur tranny of CV's......check for play
Saturday, February 23, 2008 8:14 AM
Could be your engine or tranny mounts are gone. I would check them before I condemed the tranny.
Tuesday, February 26, 2008 11:36 AM
the motor does not move the same way for forward and reverse! does it have a flex pipe or cheap spring bolts? if bolts there is your problem!!
Friday, September 12, 2008 9:21 AM
uh.. yeah, the engine turns in the same direction whether you put the trans in a forward gear or reverse... Sounds like engine mounts or a CV joint to me.
Monday, September 29, 2008 4:08 PM
lol. sorry to break it to ya but motor don't spin backwards for reverse.
Monday, September 29, 2008 5:06 PM
dude what he is trying to say is that the crank on all cars no matter what it is spin the same way wether the tranny is in forward or reverse. You r both right though it could be the spring bolts that are suppose to be on there and it also could be the cv axles depending on how hard u drove it when u first got the header on. So stop arguing your both right.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search