EVAP emissions leak code. - Maintenance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
EVAP emissions leak code.
Friday, November 07, 2008 7:42 PM
I drive a 2004 cavalier auto tranny. Anybody else have any trouble with the evap systems on there cars. The code is reading large leak sometimes and then small leak sometimes. I have deleted the code multiple times and it will come back. I never comes on at a specific time so i can't really pinpoint what could be causing it. I haven't done any fuel upgrades and would just like the annoying light to go away with out having to take it to a dealership. Any ideas would be cool.

Re: EVAP emissions leak code.
Saturday, November 08, 2008 8:59 AM
You will have to check your lines at your evap canister and purge solenoid for leaks, holes, tears etc.
Saturday, November 08, 2008 1:36 PM
i thought i knew were those were but apperently not. Can u tell me were they are?
Thursday, December 04, 2008 4:53 PM
The purge solenoid is just to the right of the engine. The evap canister is at the rear axle.

I had the same code once. The check engine light came on, went to advance auto parts, they ran a diagnostic check, and cleared the code for me. That was about two years ago.

I'm starting to think that this code coming up has something to do with the very common issue of the engine idle dropping off and the engine almost stalling, for no reason at all.
Thursday, December 04, 2008 6:12 PM
ok but my motor never drops off like that and i have had to delete the code like ten times but it never comes back the same way. I ran some test and im pretty sure it is the evap canister.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search