Headunit for 2004 Cavalier - Maintenance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Headunit for 2004 Cavalier
Saturday, March 28, 2009 8:46 PM
Sorry then isnt a engine based question but i dont know who else to go to. I just bought an aftermarket headunit for my cavalier and was told that i was going to had to keep the stock on in the car but in a remote location. Can anybody 1 tell me if this is true. 2 if it is true why the hell do i have to keep it in the car.

Re: Headunit for 2004 Cavalier
Saturday, March 28, 2009 10:11 PM
The only reason you would have to keep it in the car is for the door and key chimes. They run through the radio. I tossed mine across the garage when I replaced it with my aftermarket one.
Saturday, March 28, 2009 10:26 PM
Yeah there's no reason to keep it in the car. There is a box you can buy from Crutchfield or Best Buy that is easy to install with the stereo if you want to keep the chimes. I Have it in my 04 and it does its job I guess...it's just your preference.
Sunday, March 29, 2009 11:50 AM
kewl thanks
Monday, March 30, 2009 1:08 PM
No problem. just make sure you have the right harness and an antenna adapter and you'll be fine
Thursday, May 07, 2009 4:11 PM
Um i just found out that u have to buy the interface module before u can install the head unit. Aparently your OBD2 connector runs through that wiring harness and will not read codes unles hooked back up. so i dont know how u passed emissions or have been tuning your car but im hooking up the interface module
Monday, July 30, 2012 9:31 PM
jeremy schaffer wrote:No problem. just make sure you have the right harness and an antenna masts adapter and you'll be fine

I do agree with jeremy here. As long as you have the right harness, new antenna masts and the aftermarket you just bought, you won't need the stock anymore.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search