Helms Service Manuals...nothing about fuel filter - Maintenance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Helms Service Manuals...nothing about fuel filter
Thursday, April 28, 2005 4:28 AM
I could fine ONE thing about the Fuel Filter and that was just a diagram. Nothing on where it was located and nothing about what is needed to change it.

I have a lift but I haven't been under the car yet so i am guessing it is along the frame or floor board. I just found it odd that there was no mention in the factory service manuals that there was nothing about changing the fuel filter.

Re: Helms Service Manuals...nothing about fuel filter
Friday, April 29, 2005 5:02 AM
Hynes (sp?), which I just picked up shows a pic in the general chapter of it. It is in the same location as it has always been for the cavalier. All you do is unscrew it a make sure that it flows the right way and put it on tight!

Quote: no ofence man but if you have so much experience in all that why does your car look like crap?

Thursday, May 26, 2005 11:45 PM
here's what I found on GM web site: MAINTANENCE TIPS
http://www.gm.com/automotive/parts_for_consumers/service_support/maintenance.htm
Friday, May 27, 2005 7:57 AM
CHECK THIS OUT, THIS IS WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE AND IS INFRONT OF THE GAS TANK RIGHT AROUND THE REAR DUMMY AXEL.

http://www.advanceautoparts.com/english/youcan/html/ccr/ccr20010701ff.html

Quote: no ofence man but if you have so much experience in all that why does your car look like crap?

Friday, May 27, 2005 6:41 PM
FYI
Authentic Technical Service Information from
2003 service manual J-body, Cavalier & Sunfire
Volume 1
Section 6, engine controls - 2.2L (L61)
Page 592

Fuel Filter Replacement

Removal Procedure
Important: There is no service interval for fuel filter replacement. Only replace the fuel filter if the filter is restricted. Inspect the fuel tank internally and clean the fuel tank if you find a restricted fuel filter.

1. Relieve the fuel system pressure
2. Raise the vehicle
3. Disconnect the fuel filter fitting using a back-up wrench
4. Disconnect the quick connect fitting from the fuel filter
5. remove the fuel filter.

Installation Procedure

1. Remove the protective caps from the new fuel filter
2. Install the fuel filter in the same position as the old fuel filter.
3. Connect the fuel filter quick connect fitting
4. Connect the fuel filter using a back-up wrench
Tighten
tighten the fuel filter fitting to 27N.m (20 lb ft)
5. Lower the vehicle
6. Connect the negative battery cable
7. inspect for fuel leaks using the following procedure
7.1 Turn ON the ignition, with the engine OFF for 2 seconds
7.2 Turn OFF the ignition for 10 seconds
7.3 Turn ON the ignition, with the engine OFF
7.4 Inspect for fuel leaks

The fuel filter is located under the car in front of the fuel tank beside the EVAP canister.
Monday, April 03, 2006 9:22 AM
How do you get that stupid quick connect fitting to come off?
I was under the car for almost an hour and finally stopped before I broke something.
I understand the threaded side. I found some kind of green plastic clip on the other side. I popped a piece of it open and then what. I think I cracked it trying to pull the line off. I hope I dont need it. I read on the main site about removing it? Is that what you need to do remove the whole clip? Please let me know and thanks for the other instructions.

SPA13602\My Documents\My Pictures\panties.jpg
Tuesday, April 04, 2006 6:49 AM
The clip you may be refering to is the type where a portion of the clip has to open up like a door. Once the door portion is open the whole retainer has to be pushed upward so that it can clear the fuel filter fitting, when the clip is pushed upward enough the line should come off the filter with little effort
Sunday, October 08, 2006 5:55 PM
You need to look closer. I have an 02 helms manual and there is info on the fuel filter in it.
Wednesday, October 18, 2006 9:31 PM
Nobody mentioned it, but take the two minutes to remove the evap canister...makes it 100x easier.

The green clip unclips, then you push the whole clip back up, like you are going to pull it out. Like push on the ends with your thumbs back up towards the fuel line.

"The Blue Bullet"
Re: Helms Service Manuals...cylinder head rebuild spec.s?
Friday, October 15, 2010 11:24 AM
{10/15}
Haven't been a member very long , BUT wanted to ask if Possible if we could get the Cylinder Head "Factory Recommended" Rebuild Spec.s :install valve height*install valve guide height*valve guide clearance*3 angle valve seat grinding angle & valve face grinding angle*valve spring Free Length*valve spring tension when valves are Closed & Anything else Probably forgot to ask for ?
from member that has the Helms Service Manual [2.2L d.o.h.c.] Ecotec that{also} came in our customer' 04 Chev. Malibu ? ? ? We Don' want to make any Mistakes , If we can HELP it[ha ha]
So THANK U for any & ALL HELP , would be More than Happy to Return the Favor [when ever Possible]
THANK U
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search