Oil leaks - Maintenance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Oil leaks
Thursday, November 11, 2004 8:46 AM
Ok so my dealer is a ways away so I do all my one oil changes ( with this motor it is so easy I wouldn't pay for it anyway ), Well I have done two changes. The first one I switched to synthetic. Now this last weekend I was under there changing it and again after only 8K and I noticed some oil on the bottom of the motor toward the tranny there was a thin coating of oil. Has anyone heard anything about this...it's a brand new car and shouldn't be leaking a damn thing yet!! Seemed to be only on that side.

Re: Oil leaks
Sunday, November 14, 2004 10:11 PM
mine has oil in the bell housing. i was under it today and stuck my finger in where you can see the flywheel teeth thats either my clutch salve cylinder or the rear main seal and it smokes when you start it and go to take off in the morning valve seals i will get ti in with my fix it list this week lol
Tuesday, December 21, 2004 4:05 PM
I know it sound dumb but my friend ( a service writer) at the dealer said that a little was ok because it is kinda of an overflow type deal or something. but he said it was ok. Now if it starts leaving spots in the driveway then I would have it taken a look at.

Quote: no ofence man but if you have so much experience in all that why does your car look like crap?

Thursday, December 23, 2004 7:29 AM
Well man a little may be ok but when it is coming from the right side of your head you would be nervous too.
Saturday, January 01, 2005 2:14 PM
^^^^^^^^ Yea I would be a lot nervous!

Quote: no ofence man but if you have so much experience in all that why does your car look like crap?

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search