03 cavalier 2.2 ecotec hesitation on acceleration after cold start - Maintenance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
03 cavalier 2.2 ecotec hesitation on acceleration after cold start
Tuesday, October 20, 2015 6:42 PM
My cavalier runs great, no engine light, only problem I am having is after it sits for hours, over night or during the day when i first accelerate there seems to be some hesitation that completely goes away after i have been driving for a bit and the engine warms up, 116,000 miles, i use valvoline max life high mileage oil, recently changed the spark plugs and fuel filter, cleaned the throttle body, i have a glasspack and an HPS short ram air intake installed, i have used fuel injector cleaner numerous times also had the valvoline 3 step fuel system cleaning done, overall the car runs great other than this small problem that i dont think is anything major, just enough to really bug me, does anyone have any idea what this could be? Fuel injector issue? Some sort of sensor? The issue seems to completely go away after a bit of driving and comes back after the car sits for a long period of time and the engine completely cools down, then on that first few accelerations it hesitates slightly, any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search