hesitating at low rpms? - Maintenance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
hesitating at low rpms?
Wednesday, February 16, 2005 5:18 AM
I've noticed after at the beginning of winter that the car started hesitating at low rpms and sometimes higher rpms when I tried to 3/4 or more gas peddle. I don't have a clue what it is. IT idles fine no tick or knocks or anything. Did know if some one else might have this problem. I think it might have something to do with a sensor in the TB. Let me know what you guys think.

Quote: no ofence man but if you have so much experience in all that why does your car look like crap?

Re: hesitating at low rpms?
Wednesday, February 16, 2005 8:14 AM
always got that problem since i gotten the car. But i resolve the problem by downshifting and step on the gas after. <br>

-------------------------------------

My Car Specs
Club J-Body Montreal Forums
Wednesday, February 16, 2005 9:03 AM
I never had the problem till I pulled out the shark nozzel for the NOS (which was never used) and I left the holf open for a month or two and then it started happening. That is why I think it might be something of a sensor problem.

Quote: no ofence man but if you have so much experience in all that why does your car look like crap?

Wednesday, February 16, 2005 10:32 AM
maybe a sensor that is cloged. <br>

-------------------------------------

My Car Specs
Wednesday, February 16, 2005 8:27 PM
Evan Thomas wrote:I've noticed after at the beginning of winter that the car started hesitating at low rpms and sometimes higher rpms when I tried to 3/4 or more gas peddle. I don't have a clue what it is. IT idles fine no tick or knocks or anything. Did know if some one else might have this problem. I think it might have something to do with a sensor in the TB. Let me know what you guys think.

use better gas I found out that my Eco performs , and sounds better with 93 oct, also every 3k use fuel injector cleaner, ps find a personal mechanic just let one guy fool with your car if you're going to make mods to it.
Friday, February 18, 2005 9:52 AM
i should try it out. Right now Id only use 89 of octane on it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

My Car Specs
Wednesday, February 23, 2005 7:39 AM
Yea i'm going to get some cleaner. I only go to the dealer if I can't do it and my good friend is the service writer up there so he always takes care of me.

Wednesday, February 23, 2005 7:41 AM
ps I'm going to try to look at the sensors and see if they could be cleaned and I'll try to boost the octane too. Its so expensive though.

Wednesday, February 23, 2005 9:31 AM
lol ya 92 of octane is about 90 cents a liter here in canada. Its outrageous. But now its maybe lower. Anyway im going to try it out. im almost out of gaz i maybe good for another 200kms but im going to let it go lower so the octane doesnt mixed up and fals the 92 octane.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

My Car Specs
Wednesday, March 02, 2005 4:51 AM
Well its been a few days now and I put some fuel cleaner and 92 oct in it that day I posted and I haven't had the problem again. So thanks guys!

Friday, July 15, 2005 9:21 AM
You'll probably break even or better.

Higher octane seems to increase fuel economy to a point to where you actually save money nowadays.

Tuesday, July 19, 2005 4:44 PM
You should put Shell V-Power in your car, I do. It makes my car have better gas mileage and more power.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search