Clutch Adjustment - Maintenance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Clutch Adjustment
Wednesday, July 13, 2005 6:22 AM
Hi Everyone,

We have an 05 Cavalier with manual transmission. The clutch is engaging/disengaging too low for my liking. Where and how do you adjust the clutch?

The car has a hydraulically actuated clutch, optimally one would want to adjust the actuating rod/distance between the slave cylinder and the throwout bearing. Not having a book on the car, and not having had a detailed look under it, it the above assumption valid?

Thanks, Peter

Re: Clutch Adjustment
Wednesday, July 13, 2005 2:23 PM
Peter Orban wrote:Hi Everyone,

We have an 05 Cavalier with manual transmission. The clutch is engaging/disengaging too low for my liking. Where and how do you adjust the clutch?

The car has a hydraulically actuated clutch, optimally one would want to adjust the actuating rod/distance between the slave cylinder and the throwout bearing. Not having a book on the car, and not having had a detailed look under it, it the above assumption valid?

Thanks, Peter

sry you just cant.

Give it a couple of months and the clutch will settle.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
My Car Specs
Club J-Body Montreal Forums
Re: Clutch Adjustment
Tuesday, March 29, 2011 5:16 PM
Peter Orban wrote:Hi Everyone,

The car has a hydraulically actuated clutch, optimally one would want to adjust the actuating rod/distance between the clutch slave cylinder and the throwout bearing. Not having a book on the car, and not having had a detailed look under it, it the above assumption valid?

Thanks, Peter

In hydraulic clutch pedals, brake fluid is use in the reservoir tanks to operate the clutch. To locate clutch adjustment nuts, refer to your owner's manual or a service manual for your make and model of vehicle
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search