brake pads - Maintenance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
brake pads
Friday, April 22, 2005 3:13 PM
alright, i'm wanting to replace my brake pads, and i have a set of duralast brake pads sitting in my closet, the part number is MKD506. Would anybody know if these pads will fit a 2003 cavalier? I looked through the very vague users manual and couldn't find a part number anywhere. As far as i know ii could be a different number for every brand. Thanks for the help everybody!

Re: brake pads
Saturday, April 23, 2005 5:12 AM
Do you know what they came off of?

Quote: no ofence man but if you have so much experience in all that why does your car look like crap?

Monday, April 25, 2005 2:52 PM
They are brand new in the box. My brother had a corsica and bought them for that. I guess i could just take the wheels off and the old pads to see if these Duralast ones will fit. But right now i've been too lazy to do that.
Friday, April 29, 2005 5:10 AM
They might since it was a corsica. I know I bought EBC's green stuff for mine (02) and there the same pad for a camero.

Quote: no ofence man but if you have so much experience in all that why does your car look like crap?

Friday, April 29, 2005 7:15 PM
No, you need 673's

^^Home made sig^^ ghetto, I know. http://members.cardomain.com/blackoutfire
Saturday, April 30, 2005 4:38 PM
673's. alright, thanks guys!
Sunday, May 01, 2005 4:56 PM
While we're on the same discussion here, does anyone know if brake pads fitting a '93 cav would work on an '04?

Monday, May 02, 2005 1:52 PM
as long as they say 673 somewhere on the box.

^^Home made sig^^ ghetto, I know. http://members.cardomain.com/blackoutfire
Monday, May 23, 2005 4:25 PM
Well, i still haven't put the new rotors and pads on yet so i thought i would post this info.
I went down to Advanced Auto Parts and they looked it up and said that the Duralast MKD506 pads will fit a 2003 cavalier.
Monday, May 23, 2005 6:23 PM
Well good luck with that, those pads fit pre-96 cavi's

My Car
Wednesday, May 25, 2005 5:15 AM
duralast pads fade like crazy!

see ya!

Sunday, May 29, 2005 8:48 PM
Not to be a jerk, but the 506 pads fit on my 2003 cavalier perfect. Just want to make sure our fellow ecotec members have the correct info.

I don't know about the whole fading like crazy though. Guess i will find out!
Monday, May 30, 2005 9:02 PM
slam on the breaks at 80mph! dont let off just let the abs do the work. you will notice that initial bite is not all that good then as the car slows down you really have to press hard to get the car to stop. then if you really want to feel it do it again not letting the breaks cool. this is what i noticed when i put them on my old 02 cav that i drove allot on the highway. i went to the performance friction Z-Rated pads on my new cav and they dont fade like that.

see ya!

Friday, July 15, 2005 8:00 AM
Your 2003 cavalier has factory antiliock brakes (I think???)

Those pads should work, but don't say all these people didn't warn you when the back end of your ride starts jumpin around like a crab on catfish.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search