Spark Plugs - Maintenance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Spark Plugs
Tuesday, September 06, 2005 4:47 PM
Do Eco's have spark plugs & wires? If so where?

Re: Spark Plugs
Tuesday, September 06, 2005 8:47 PM
there are spark plugs, they're just under your black plastic peice on the top of the engine that says ecotec on it.....you have to take that entire black peice off to get to the plugs, there are no wires, the need for them is eliminated....but if you do some searching i think you'll find that most higher performance spark plugs you may find for the ecotec are just a wase of money......my ecotec came with iridium plugs stock, cant get a whole lot better than that, and unless you've got like 70,000-80,000 miles on the car already it's going to be pointless to change them most likely
Tuesday, September 13, 2005 6:22 AM
actually the pieces of crap ACDelco spark plugs that the ecotecs come with are trash the best plugs to get that ive found so far r the bosch platnium 4's, ngk iridiums are alright i guess but i like my bosch plugs alot better i get the best response with the bosch plugs

ALL MOTOR FUN!!!!!!!!!!!
Friday, September 30, 2005 1:49 PM
Thats wierd, becuase everyone I talk to say the Bosch plugs suck; including sensors.

http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=11&i=89759&t=61862#89759
Thursday, October 13, 2005 9:53 PM
How long should the factory plugs last? I've only got 46,000 KMS on my 03 Sunfire, but my gas mileage took a hit mid summer and hasn't come back up. I get about 530-550kms/tank and that's going almost bone dry. I was up around 600 last fall.

--Jason
Wednesday, October 19, 2005 3:38 PM
"They" say 100,000 miles (sorry, not exactly sure on my conversions, so i'd rather not try and then get flamed!). They being the manufacturer.
Thursday, October 20, 2005 11:21 AM
boush platinum 4's SUCK... the best are stock... but i would never keep thme in there for 100k miles... i fouled 2 of mine out when i put my header on because it ran so rich... but i replaced them and the stockers are the best

Thursday, October 27, 2005 11:17 AM
I have an olds alero ecotec 2.2l manual and get 640-724 km per tank. But to get 700+ I had to drop my speed on the highway to 96 kph or 60 MPH.
Saturday, October 29, 2005 8:10 PM
I have about 50K miles on my original plugs. I bought another set of A/C Delcos to replace them. I had basic Bosch platnums in my 2.4L and they did fine for 96K miles.

I would stay away from the multi tip offerings.
Tuesday, November 01, 2005 9:01 PM
I asked a parts store what the replacement is, they said they're triple platinum I think (didn't know there was such a thing) but he said the replacements are Champion plugs. I hate Champion plugs. Mileage has gone back up this tank..very strange. I'll have to pull the plugs and see what kind they are when I get a chance.

--Jason
Friday, November 18, 2005 9:10 AM
I put the bosh +4 in and the cars started to run like crap. I bought the delco's and it's fine. Delco for gm's is the best to use hands down.

Quote: no ofence man but if you have so much experience in all that why does your car look like crap?

Tuesday, November 22, 2005 6:57 PM
Stock plugs should last 100K miles.

Monday, November 28, 2005 9:30 PM
yes 2.2 ecotech have spark plug. they are located under the black cover on the cams that says 2.2 eco-tech. remove disconectt the coil on that remove all 4 bolts and pull up. you'll need a 3/8 rachet and a standard spark plug socket. don't fell bad it took me awhile to find them also.
Friday, December 02, 2005 3:21 AM
I SAND BLAST MY PLUGS EVERY 15000 MILES. KEEPS EM CLEAN!!!
Thursday, December 15, 2005 8:17 PM
your caps lock is also on.

yes, bosch plugs suck.
Thursday, December 15, 2005 11:26 PM
ezekiel coleman wrote:yes 2.2 ecotech have spark plug. they are located under the black cover on the cams that says 2.2 eco-tech. remove disconectt the coil on that remove all 4 bolts and pull up. you'll need a 3/8 rachet and a standard spark plug socket. don't fell bad it took me awhile to find them also.

ecotecpower.com

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search