Air filters? - Maintenance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Air filters?
Sunday, September 25, 2005 7:05 PM
Ok, I'm around 16,000miles on my 04 cavi and I think the air filter needs changing. Been gettin a lil slower. Now I dont want to drop $40 on a K&N and I've heared fram airhogs suck and are a rip. Anyone recommend an airfilter thats cheep and flows OK untill I get an intake?

1971 camaro 427 --- here!

Stock... and loving every minute of it.

Re: Air filters?
Thursday, September 29, 2005 5:44 PM
the k&n for the cavi is only 29 bucks or go for a cold air all toghter but cold air voids warntee
Wednesday, October 12, 2005 1:14 AM
A CAI won't void your warantee unless you have an engine problem that is caused by the intake (ie. water being sucked in)

Among the winners, there is no room for the weak
Tuesday, December 27, 2005 7:13 AM
I seem to have lost my paper work for the CAI on my 04 Sunfire, the intake is an AEM, Does anyone know what size the filter has to be in order for it to be replaced without actually going and taking apart the wheel cover @!#$? I'd like to make this change as quick and easy as possible with having to take it apart and put it back together...Thanks all info appreciated....
Tuesday, December 27, 2005 10:35 PM
Fram, that what I always used.
Wednesday, December 28, 2005 9:14 PM
OEM replacement works just fine. unless youve got some mods that i dont know about...
Sunday, January 08, 2006 2:58 PM
2.2L ECOTEC wrote: Anyone recommend an airfilter thats cheep and flows OK until I get an intake?

Any Pepboys/Autozone paper filter. $10-$15 and easy to throw away when you move up.
Sunday, January 08, 2006 5:43 PM
I paid $24.95 for my K&N Filter at Walmart! Might be worth a shot
Sunday, January 29, 2006 11:35 AM
i paied 15 + shipping for my K&N Filter off ebay, for my 05' Sunfire, the Model # for the filter is 33-2143, fits perfect and i love it!!!
Friday, July 14, 2006 12:40 PM
Stock filters should be fram # 3916. Shouldn't be more than 10 bucks at best. If your gonna get a CAI, just get a regular paper filter since you wont use it anymore after the intake change.

God made turbo lag so V8's can catch up!
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search