Takin her in to the dealer tonight - Maintenance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Takin her in to the dealer tonight
Wednesday, March 02, 2005 10:18 AM
I finally got ahold of one of those schmucks that sold me my Eco and am takin it in tonight to have them "take a look" at the ECU/ Idle problem, I hope it acts up for them the same way it does for me. Last night every stop I came to the car shut off, clutch to the floor with the shifter in neutral postition. This can't just be something I am imagining and they'd better fix it because I didn't pay all that crap extra money for an extended warranty so that I can have a car that runs like junk. So wish me luck Eco-owners hopefully we'll see some good come of this.

Re: Takin her in to the dealer tonight
Wednesday, March 02, 2005 12:29 PM
there is a ECU software update that adresses that ISSUE.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

My Car Specs
Club J-Body Montreal Forums
Wednesday, March 02, 2005 12:55 PM
^^ yep... sure is..... works too...

Thursday, March 03, 2005 7:18 PM
the update is a recall. doing them everyday along with those pos stop light sockets. I wish gm payed me more to do them .lol
Friday, March 04, 2005 9:15 PM
i have also seen the iac on ecotecs crack in the intake which causes a sporadic idle. the recall prevents it from stalling from a coast. the pcm reprog is a gay recall bacause if you don;t relearn the crank and cam sensors the car will flip a ses light
Tuesday, March 22, 2005 3:17 PM
PJdiddyTek wrote:I finally got ahold of one of those schmucks that sold me my Eco and am takin it in tonight to have them "take a look" at the ECU/ Idle problem, I hope it acts up for them the same way it does for me. Last night every stop I came to the car shut off, clutch to the floor with the shifter in neutral postition. This can't just be something I am imagining and they'd better fix it because I didn't pay all that crap extra money for an extended warranty so that I can have a car that runs like junk. So wish me luck Eco-owners hopefully we'll see some good come of this.

You're lucky mine wouldnt even start on friday, So it got towed to the dealership. they had to reflash the pos ecu. I never even recieved anything about a recall from gm on it.

Adios cavalier.
Sunday, March 27, 2005 12:09 PM
03cavyboy03 wrote:I never even recieved anything about a recall from gm on it.

GM is a little slow with sending out recall notices. Recieved a recall notice about a month ago for my old '99. The car doesn't even exist anymore and they still haven't taken it out of their system

Among the winners, there is no room for the weak
Sunday, March 27, 2005 6:00 PM
^^

like most companies and the also does the governement. They are all slow.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

My Car Specs
Club J-Body Montreal Forums
Friday, July 15, 2005 8:30 AM
Is it really that hard to get good customer service in Canada?
Thursday, December 15, 2005 7:17 PM
Brian Campo wrote:i have also seen the iac on ecotecs crack in the intake which causes a sporadic idle. the recall prevents it from stalling from a coast. the pcm reprog is a gay recall bacause if you don;t relearn the crank and cam sensors the car will flip a ses light

why is that gay? youve already got the techII hooked up. CKP variation relearn takes all of 12 seconds.

but, yes, theres also a TSB for failed IAC.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search