strange fluid - Maintenance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
strange fluid
Saturday, January 14, 2006 3:23 PM
I have a 2003 Cavalier with the 2.2 ecotec, and i love it, but i am afraid something big might being going wrong. the warrenty just passed at 30,000 miles, it now has 35,000. The problem is it has been acting strange lately, chugging (slightly, hardly can tell), and it runs a tad bit hotter than it used too. I checked the oil and on the dip stick was some white fluid. Now i have blow an engine in the past (3.1 v-6) and i remember that it was because my engine cracked and the antifreeze was mixing with the oil. So anyway, this concerned me, so i changed the oil to see what it looked like. A little dark but nothing out of the ordinary. Now when i went to change my oil filter, i removed the air filter plastic hose to get to it. Inside that was a brownish orange fluid that smelled like gas a little. I have no idea what is going, so does anyone have any ideas of what it would be. Oh and the antifreeze level is fine, and also i have been running it at idle a lot because of my new job, it idles at least an hour a day, i dont know if this is causing any build up or what.

Re: strange fluid
Monday, January 23, 2006 1:44 PM
Please correct me if I'm wrong but I was told the warrenty is 3 years 36,000 miles. I'd say take it in before that last 1000 miles rolls away.

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Tuesday, January 24, 2006 4:58 PM
good call man, i just contacted the dealer that i bought it from, and it is 36,000 miles, i dont know why i thought it was 30. my milage is 35880, and i am taking it to them in the morning, i'll let you know what it is. you probably saved me from paying a crazy repair bill. thank you.
Wednesday, January 25, 2006 7:45 PM
I bought the extended warranty for my 04....with living out in the middle of nowhere, if anything happens, GM can pay the bill ^_~
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search