Help P0340 code - Maintenance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Help P0340 code
Thursday, September 08, 2005 1:26 PM
My car is throwing a P0340 Camshaft Position Sensor Circuit Malfunction bank 1 code I go to GM and they really aren't much help and the parts people dont even have a camshaft position sensor so I'm at a loss for what to do. Any help or ideas would be great!! Thanks

Re: Help P0340 code
Tuesday, September 13, 2005 12:21 PM
sound like you have a short to ground or positive with your camshaft pos sensor. check the wires from your camshaft pos sensor to see if its pinched or loose or chaffed. if not id say its shorted (very common) and to replace it.
Friday, September 30, 2005 1:40 PM
L61 ecotecs do not have a camshaft position sensor. the LSJ (2.0SC) does.

Lemme guess... you went to Autozone and had your engine codes read?
Well, their scan tool is a universal tool that doesn't read codes completely correct.

At Saturn we get people calling for camshaft sensors for 2.2 ecotecs and the old "S" cars. Which neither have the camshaft position sensors.

Take it to a GM certified shop with a real Tech2, and they will give you the correct code.
Thursday, December 15, 2005 8:00 PM
ive got an idea... post your year/make/model/mileage

im betting its a sparkplug/coil issue...
Saturday, March 18, 2006 5:31 AM
I have the same problem...P0340...I looked at my springs and the spark plugs they all look good...there is some like grease or somtheing all over the plugs and stuff...should I take that grease off? Should i just buy new spark plugs and springs?
Saturday, March 18, 2006 5:32 AM
it also runs really bad it feels like some one is just tugging on my throtle body cable 80% of the time inn idle, and threw out the gears.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search