2.4L Ecotec Maintenance - Maintenance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
2.4L Ecotec Maintenance
Wednesday, October 26, 2005 1:07 PM
Have had my 2006 Pontiac G6 with a 2.4L Ecotec engine for one month. I am almost at 2000 miles........this is the first time I have had a car with this engine, and have always had GM 6 cylinders during the last few years. Would it be adviseable to change the oil at 2500-3000 miles? Are these engines built to last. Would like to here opinions on my question, and also anyone who has a positive experience with high mileage Ecotecs. Thank you.

Re: 2.4L Ecotec Maintenance
Wednesday, October 26, 2005 3:20 PM
well the engine's are new so who knows but i think it will last you. If it doesnt last there will probaly be about a million of them in wreck yards by the time warrnty is out. and there crate motors for dirt cheap. Since its new do what GM tells you to do. have it changed every three months or 3000 miles. If you plan on mods and prefer not to tip off your dealer. Make sure you go to a place where they keep records and and keep your slip
Saturday, October 29, 2005 8:47 PM
I've been changing my oil when the "Change oil" light comes on. I drive mostly expressly highways and it usually comes on about around 7K miles.

My old car (96 Achieva) went 186K miles with oil changes at 5K miles. I retired it because it needed struts, control arms, an alternator and a new exhaust system.
Thursday, December 15, 2005 8:07 PM
5000 miles. do oil/filter/rotation
Friday, July 14, 2006 12:46 PM
Dont listen to the oil life monitor. If you do your motor will not live very long. The oil life monitor does not detect impurities in the oil which may be signs for an early drain interval. Reset it when you do change it, but dont live by the monitor. 3000 miles boys. 3000 miles even with synthetic, and rotate your rubbers every other oil change.

God made turbo lag so V8's can catch up!
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search