WARRANTY??? Denial - Page 2 - Maintenance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: WARRANTY??? Denial
Monday, April 10, 2006 11:52 AM
Well I changed the plugs. Went back to stock. The car runs much better. I also purchased a fuel filter and have had a tough time replcing it. I asked about the fuel strainer issue and they said they never heard of it. Oh well my warranty is out now. I am on my own. Also I filled up with 89 instead of 87 and that seemed to help also. I am getting much better gas mileage now than with the 87??? Tim the short answer to your question is no. The car still hesitates but not near as much as it did before I put stock plugs back in. It seems to do this when I am coming to a stop and have the clutch pressed. When it starts it does it at a moderate rpm range. I would say between 2k and 4k. Keep me posted to see if anyone has any new info that may help.

SPA13602\My Documents\My Pictures\panties.jpg

Tuesday, April 11, 2006 7:16 PM
thats such bull go back and tell them effers to prove to u that any of ur mod's caused that and if they wont then u tell them that u will get in touch with your lawyer. dealership tried to pull that crap on me after 2nd master clutch cylinder went on me and tried to blame my aem intake but i shut them down. i printed out some diagrams of the clutch res. and master cylinder, at school, and shut them down completely. got it all done for free.

MY 2003 SUNFIRE 15.63@87.86mph

"A N/A ecotec is not gonna give Honda's and Mitsu's that much of a run for their
money unless their blown or bottle fed.GM is still smokin crack!"
~1QWKZ24
www.streetracing.org, 08/2001
Tuesday, April 11, 2006 7:25 PM
If it was in previously for the same problem, and you can prove that it hasn't changed, it is still covered by the warranty because they failed to fix the problem in the first place... take a good lawyer with you... or in my case when I had Trans problems (3 times it went in for the same thing) I had my uncle who is a lawyer come with me, wearing his law school polo shirt. they took care of it quick.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search