2013 equinox questions - Maintenance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
2013 equinox questions
Monday, November 22, 2021 10:08 AM
say now that i have the engine back and running my girls tells me at stops after the engine is warmed up it will be at 1000 rpms and then drop to 500 rpms and sometimes it wants to stall. she can hold the gas and it will be ok. i looked for the egr and iat but i can't find them. i cleaned the TB best i could as i could not get the TB plate to open and did not want to break it. so do i need the key on the engine off and someone pushing the gas to open the TB? and if so can i just block it with a stick and then turn off the key and have it stay open? if it will not stay open can i poke a stick in it and unplug the connector and have it stay open? i have no codes i had this on my 95 lebaron and it was the iac but like i said i could not find it on the TB. when i had it on the bench i cleaned it the best i could with brake clean maybe something got into a small port?

the engine was a huge oil burner and it needed the chains so i took the engine out honed the cylinders installed new rings and rod bearing and the chains. new valve stem seals and cleaned everything and did the valves. then i opened the original pvc port the next size and also i installed a pvc on the oil cap and ran the hose down to the bottom of the intake manifold in the starter area. so now she has that engine stumble after it gets warmed up. that is the only thing i did differently outside of opening up the factory pvc port. so what i'm going to do to test this out is clamp off the hose on that new pvc hose and then see if the engine stumble goes away. if not then is something else. if it does go away i will have her open the clamp 1 turn every day until the stumble returns and then close the clamp back 1 turn and see how it goes.

outside of that do you guys have any other ideas? when i first got the engine back on the road she said it used oil but now as the rings are breaking in she said it is way better it leaks now at the oil pan and i have to take that off at the oil change and put some yamabond on the pan to seal it back up.. but that pvc update is said to prevent future oil use by venting the engine better than the original small port in the intake.

any ideas where to look for this. it does not do it until she drives i like 15 to 20 minutes and it is warmed up. thanks

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search