A Commoners Guide to Defeating the Aristocracy. JBOers new Book - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
A Commoners Guide to Defeating the Aristocracy. JBOers new Book
Sunday, December 11, 2011 6:57 AM on j-body.org
A Commoners Guide to Defeating the Aristocracy is a discussion about the influence of money on our government. It details the corporate greed that has led to deregulation of our financial system, and driven America in a lengthy recession which has killed the highest standard of living in the world. The author provides solutions for removing wealth from politics, fixing the economy, and solving the problem of extreme income inequality to strengthen democracy and revive the American Dream.

About the Author

Phil Mennitti is an honors graduate from the Indiana University of Pennsylvania. He earned two degrees in education and has been a substitute school teacher in the Punxsutawney District since 2007. He has been a high school coach since 2008 for the Punxsutawney Lady Chucks Softball team. Phil and Jen married in 2000, they have two children together. She is a graduate of Penn State University with a degree in business, and was Treasurer of the Penn State Business Society.

Order online at Barnes and Noble, Amazon, Xlibris, or any local bookstore. Available December 13, 2011.

^CLICK ME TO SEE HOW I BUILT EVERYTHING^ How To in Interior Forum

Re: A Commoners Guide to Defeating the Aristocracy. JBOers new Book
Monday, December 12, 2011 2:45 PM on j-body.org
alright, i'm not going to buy the book. so tell me, what's your plan for fixing the economy?

Tuesday, December 13, 2011 11:28 AM on j-body.org
No GP?

Wednesday, December 14, 2011 6:18 AM on j-body.org
i wouldnt say its just corporate greed. everyone in this country is greedy as hell.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Wednesday, December 14, 2011 7:38 AM on j-body.org
sndsgood wrote:i wouldnt say its just corporate greed. everyone in this country is greedy as hell.
I agree. In my opinion, demanding that someone give up more simply because they have more is just another form of greed.

Wednesday, December 14, 2011 12:15 PM on j-body.org
Mr. Quick wrote:
sndsgood wrote:i wouldnt say its just corporate greed. everyone in this country is greedy as hell.
I agree. In my opinion, demanding that someone give up more simply because they have more is just another form of greed.

not anymore. its not actually okay to ask someone else to give up there @!#$ just as long as they have more money then you. because if you have money you are obviosuly an evil horrible person who deserves to have it all taken away.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Wednesday, December 14, 2011 2:29 PM on j-body.org
interesting. congrats on getting published. its always cool to hear a .orger do something different like this

Wednesday, December 14, 2011 3:29 PM on j-body.org
(tabs) wrote:interesting. congrats on getting published. its always cool to hear a .orger do something different like this

This.
I'll add congratulations too. I may look into it.

sndsgood wrote:not anymore. its not actually okay to ask someone else to give up there @!#$ just as long as they have more money then you. because if you have money you are obviosuly an evil horrible person who deserves to have it all taken away.

It's called; "foot the bill" to the amount of resources they consume.
Well, you label it; "evil," I label it a; "disparity." Then we all wonder why the market doesn't move fast enough.

THE POLITICALLY INCORRECT ONE.

Thursday, December 15, 2011 9:43 PM on j-body.org
you and your ilk, hanging out in the park with your filthy hemp alpaca blankets, protesting income disparity...you are mostly looked upon as lazy 20-somethings, living off mom and dad, Not by news organizations, but by everyday people who get up in the morning to go to work. congrats, no one is going to give a crap about the book.

“Poor Al Gore. Global warming completely debunked via the very Internet you invented. Oh, oh, the irony!” -Jon Stewart
Saturday, December 17, 2011 4:20 AM on j-body.org
Kevin Trudeau wrote:you and your ilk, hanging out in the park with your filthy hemp alpaca blankets, protesting income disparity...you are mostly looked upon as lazy 20-somethings, living off mom and dad, Not by news organizations, but by everyday people who get up in the morning to go to work. congrats, no one is going to give a crap about the book.

Apparently you did since you posted if you didn't you wouldn't have posted

to the op congrats on getting published

Monday, December 19, 2011 11:45 AM on j-body.org
Mr.Goodwrench-G.T. wrote:It's called; "foot the bill" to the amount of resources they consume.
Well, you label it; "evil," I label it a; "disparity." Then we all wonder why the market doesn't move fast enough.

Notice that the top 1% and 20% lines take hard dips periodically? It's called risk. Those people make money by taking risks with their money. Notice that the bottom lines, though showing slower rates of growth, are showing steadier, more consistant growth?

On the other hand, you have a Welfare, Medicaid, and Federal tax system that gives benefits to those at the bottom (with barely any scrutiny) that shut off like a switch if you start making more money, so people play the system and make sure they stay just under the line.

Friday, December 23, 2011 3:05 AM on j-body.org
Mennitti wrote:A Commoners Guide to Defeating the Aristocracy is a discussion about the influence of money on our government. It details the corporate greed that has led to deregulation of our financial system, and driven America in a lengthy recession which has killed the highest standard of living in the world. The author provides solutions for removing wealth from politics, fixing the economy, and solving the problem of extreme income inequality to strengthen democracy and revive the American Dream.

About the Author

Phil Mennitti is an honors graduate from the Indiana University of Pennsylvania. He earned two degrees in education and has been a substitute school teacher in the Punxsutawney District since 2007. He has been a high school coach since 2008 for the Punxsutawney Lady Chucks Softball team. Phil and Jen married in 2000, they have two children together. She is a graduate of Penn State University with a degree in business, and was Treasurer of the Penn State Business Society.

Order online at Barnes and Noble, Amazon, Xlibris, or any local bookstore. Available December 13, 2011.

Kevin Trudeau wrote:you and your ilk, hanging out in the park with your filthy hemp alpaca blankets, protesting income disparity...you are mostly looked upon as lazy 20-somethings, living off mom and dad, Not by news organizations, but by everyday people who get up in the morning to go to work. congrats, no one is going to give a crap about the book.

Am I missing something? Two degrees, substitute teacher, high school coach, published author is looked at as lazy and living off mom and dad?

Here's one everyday person who goes to work everyday that does not share your sentiment. There is something broke about our govenment/economy. I'm glad people are realizing it and putting forth ideas on how to correct the problems. The reality of the situation is that these problems will eventually be corrected and sooner is much better than later. Either we try to get things under control and manage this correction or it's going to correct itself in a way that isn't pretty.

On a similar note. This was sent out by our CEO concerning the state of manufacturing vs retail jobs, the influence of China and other factors affecting the recession. DiMicco is a very active in engaging politicians to see the problems and providing his input on solutions. Granted, I'm sure there's a bit of lobbying for this particular industry or sector, but the message still applies to the US in general.

Linky to PPTX
Monday, January 09, 2012 5:03 PM on j-body.org
Mr.Goodwrench-G.T. wrote:
(tabs) wrote:interesting. congrats on getting published. its always cool to hear a .orger do something different like this

This.

sndsgood wrote:not anymore. its not actually okay to ask someone else to give up there @!#$ just as long as they have more money then you. because if you have money you are obviosuly an evil horrible person who deserves to have it all taken away.

well that's cool if you feel its great for the richer to give to the poor. i got laid off in december. if your working i'll shoot you my address and you can send me a check. its cool.

Tuesday, January 10, 2012 1:15 AM on j-body.org
sndsgood wrote:

This.

well that's cool if you feel its great for the richer to give to the poor. i got laid off in december. if your working i'll shoot you my address and you can send me a check. its cool.

I don't know on, if the "richer to give to the poor" but if it's a business, the "richer" didn't get rich, or "make it" all alone, nor by another of his/her wealth stature.
Also if I made $50mill per year, I could spare you some since cost of living doesn't warrant a necessity to make millions in order for me to survive. Also, if i made that much, I ought give back since the infrastructure and everything surrounding my entity provided via Government was put in place for me. All of that is just the cost for my success, should I pay for it, or do you think I should pass over the bill to you better?

Tuesday, January 10, 2012 6:00 AM on j-body.org
Mr.Goodwrench-G.T. wrote:...if I made $50mill per year, I could spare you some since cost of living doesn't warrant a necessity to make millions in order for me to survive.
That's fine, and in this country, you can give your excess money to whomever you like, but it is no one's business to say that because you have more, the government has the right to take more. It is a very slipery slope of allowing anyone to decide how much is enough for someone else. Invariably it always ends up being that anyone and everyone with more that you needs to give it up. It's called envy and greed.

Mr.Goodwrench-G.T. wrote:Also, if i made that much, I ought give back since the infrastructure and everything surrounding my entity provided via Government was put in place for me. All of that is just the cost for my success, should I pay for it, or do you think I should pass over the bill to you better?
That's why taxes are a percentage. The percentage doesn't have to increase, because the dollars paid increases proportional to your income. It's such a simple and basic concept, but somehow people have grown to accept that people with more money should be subject to a higher rate, and that constitutes fair. Argue effective rates all you want, but the fact remains that a flat rate without all the subsidies, credits, and deductions is the most fair way to do it.

Tuesday, January 10, 2012 9:53 AM on j-body.org
sndsgood wrote:

This.

I don't know on, if the "richer to give to the poor" but if it's a business, the "richer" didn't get rich, or "make it" all alone, nor by another of his/her wealth stature.
Also if I made $50mill per year, I could spare you some since cost of living doesn't warrant a necessity to make millions in order for me to survive. Also, if i made that much, I ought give back since the infrastructure and everything surrounding my entity provided via Government was put in place for me. All of that is just the cost for my success, should I pay for it, or do you think I should pass over the bill to you better?

your confusing giving with having it taken from you. in your world you wouldn't have the oppurtunity to give it to me to help me out. it would be taken away from you and someone else would decide where that money went to. id prefer a world were if like you i had 50 milliion in my pocket i could choose where i donate my money to and put it to help out where i see best. its that right to choose id like to keep. versus making laws that say its okay to just take that money.

Tuesday, January 10, 2012 10:26 PM on j-body.org
sndsgood wrote:
sndsgood wrote:

This.

your confusing giving with having it taken from you. in your world you wouldn't have the oppurtunity to give it to me to help me out. it would be taken away from you and someone else would decide where that money went to. id prefer a world were if like you i had 50 milliion in my pocket i could choose where i donate my money to and put it to help out where i see best. its that right to choose id like to keep. versus making laws that say its okay to just take that money.

Speaking of confusion, what you're talking about giving to specific area, charity donations are tax deductible and can go of your choice. The problem with that is, if you don't understand, to much of that means bills will not get paid (hence the debt for 31 yrs). And me making $50 mil, I'm using a considerable amount more of government infrastructure in order to run my business smoothly, compared to an average Joe that just goes to work.
So I ask that taboo again that every low tax and delinquent bills payer wants to avoid. All of that is just the cost for my success, should I pay for it, or do you think I should pass over the bill to you better?

Monday, January 23, 2012 8:46 AM on j-body.org
you should pay your far share, you should not have to pay all of it.

Tuesday, January 24, 2012 5:29 AM on j-body.org
Mr.Goodwrench-G.T. wrote:So I ask that taboo again that every low tax and delinquent bills payer wants to avoid. All of that is just the cost for my success, should I pay for it, or do you think I should pass over the bill to you better?
Once again, consistant percentage rates take care of this. Period.
You use more infrastructure and make more money, you pay more tax dollars, not a higher rate.

Tuesday, January 24, 2012 3:37 PM on j-body.org
Whats the statistic nowadays....Isn't like 48% of wage earners pay no federal income taxes? (after the refund checks come back) How 'bout we say something like this: Starting tomorrow, everyone in the bottom 48% of wage earners will start paying 3% of their income in taxes. That sounds like a pathetically low number, but would be spun as "Rick oil barons buy off congressional votes and raise taxes on the middle class by a whopping three million percent (or some crap like that)

“Poor Al Gore. Global warming completely debunked via the very Internet you invented. Oh, oh, the irony!” -Jon Stewart
Friday, January 27, 2012 10:10 AM on j-body.org
Kevin Trudeau wrote:Whats the statistic nowadays....Isn't like 48% of wage earners pay no federal income taxes? (after the refund checks come back) How 'bout we say something like this: Starting tomorrow, everyone in the bottom 48% of wage earners will start paying 3% of their income in taxes. That sounds like a pathetically low number, but would be spun as "Rick oil barons buy off congressional votes and raise taxes on the middle class by a whopping three million percent (or some crap like that)
Currently yes, 48% pay zero after the credits and deductions are taken into account. The uglier number is that 30% get more back than they paid, due to the credits. If they just got rid of that figure alone it would make a difference. They need to get rid of all "refundable credits" at all levels, including the subsidies going to the corporations. The tax system has been increasingly abused for decades as a hidden subsidy at both ends of the spectrum. I have no problem with the people at the bottom paying a very small percentage, but the rest of us should pay a low reasonable percentage, and no one should be making money of the tax system.

Saturday, February 18, 2012 5:54 PM on j-body.org
the fact is this. since the late 1800's to early 1900's there has been a decline in this country. it is related to progressivism. This country was not founded on punish those who have mroe. it was based on freedom and equality. People like goodwrench believe that evil people who achieved more should be punished. I think they should just live in greece and live the life their believe engender. Greece is only about 5 years ahead of the us financially. THe belief in punitive taxation is the #1 reason our country will be a second rate power within 10 years. This assumes an Obama re-election and democratic majority in either house. I do not say that as a republican but a conservative. We need to turn this around and fast.

Saturday, February 18, 2012 9:20 PM on j-body.org
sndsgood wrote:you should pay your far share, you should not have to pay all of it.

I should, no. Pay a rate equivalent to the amount I use? Or pay a rate equivalent to what you use?
Come on guys let get all liberal here and make it fair for me who makes $50 Million per year. I want to use the resorces provided by the government and pay your rate. Besides there are 97% of you poor fucks who can carry the burden of paying for the bill for me since the class is so large.

True Conservative wrote: People like goodwrench believe that evil people who achieved more should be punished

So paying the bill is punishment? No wonder you Ronald Reagan Reps raised the debts so high and never paid it, if you did... you're punished! So is it a S&M thing, or like when your dad/mom beats your ass?

Monday, February 20, 2012 9:53 AM on j-body.org
sndsgood wrote:you should pay your far share, you should not have to pay all of it.

I should, no. Pay a rate equivalent to the amount I use? Or pay a rate equivalent to what you use?
Come on guys let get all liberal here and make it fair for me who makes $50 Million per year. I want to use the resorces provided by the government and pay your rate. Besides there are 97% of you poor fucks who can carry the burden of paying for the bill for me since the class is so large.
Yep, missing the point again. If everyone pays the same RATE, then everyone pays an AMOUNT BASED ON HOW MUCH THEY MAKE.
It's simple Math 101

And more to the point: if a company pays a higher percentage of tax because their trucks use the road more, then you could also go further in saying the end user is the one who is actually responsible because the product they bought went on those trucks. In reality, that's the end result anyway: tax the company more, you tax the consumer. It's all passed through, and at the end of the day, you just increase the cost of goods to all.

True Conservative wrote: People like goodwrench believe that evil people who achieved more should be punished

So paying the bill is punishment? No wonder you Ronald Reagan Reps raised the debts so high and never paid it, if you did... you're punished! So is it a S&M thing, or like when your dad/mom beats your ass?
LOL. It's good to see that some things never change, like you still having a stick up your ass about "Reagan's outrageous debt", while simultaneously ignoring what's going on now, and immediately going to the personal attack over making an intelligent argument.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search