Looking for info on Pontiac Solstice drivetrain - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Looking for info on Pontiac Solstice drivetrain
Sunday, January 22, 2006 4:50 PM
I'm considering getting a new Pontiac Solstice, and am looking for information on its Ecotec 2.4L engine, its manual transmission, as well as brakes, etc. In particular I'm looking for info on versions of the Ecotec, and durability of transmission & clutch for sporting driving.

Re: Looking for info on Pontiac Solstice drivetrain
Monday, January 23, 2006 12:44 PM
WIth the announcement of the 260 hp turbo version on the way, THAT is what I'd be looking into buying.

Wednesday, January 25, 2006 8:31 PM
HAHN is working on a nice turbo setup for us. I couldnt wait for the turbo version.
I picked up my new Solstice 2 days ago.

I am all that is man

Saturday, May 13, 2006 8:56 AM
2006 solstice info: 2.4 liter 177bhp@6600 166lb/ft torque@4800:aslin 5 speed :11.7 in discs in front,10.7in rear
Sunday, October 05, 2008 8:28 AM
my name is mike im new to this site and i have an ass load of questions to start im in the middle of a cavi conversion i have the whole thing done except the most important stuff i was going to drop a 3800s engine in and keep it front wheel drive but i couldnt find a manual trans for it so i got to thinking if im going to got through all that work i should make it rwd so thats what i did i have the whole engine bay set up for a rwd 3800 inspired by the buick grand national sexy btw i just cant find a rear end and suspension that will fit i heard the solstice was a j-body if thats true where can i get one and how many mods would i have to do please feel free to help and try not to laugh i started this project 2 years ago got about 10g into it and a lot of blood sweat and tears into it i have to finish it so it isnt a complete wast of time and money
Sunday, October 05, 2008 9:46 AM
For starters, the soltice isn't a j-body. It has its own platform. What it is I don't actaully know. Next, and I'm not trying to be a dick, but use periods in your posts. It makes it easier to read.

As for the conversion. You will have to find a tranny that matches the bellhousing on the block. Then figure out what rear end you will use and if it will fit(Or make it fit). Then you can figure out your driveshaft lenght etc.

If you have any pics of your swap post them up.
Monday, October 06, 2008 2:07 PM
The Solstice is built on GM's Kappa platform, a new (in 2006) rwd platform. ts 5-spd trans is from the Chevy Colorado pickup, its diff is from the Cadillac CTS, and its brakes are from Saab. I have no clue whether the Buick 3800 would mate up with the Colorado tranny, but you could look up the engine options for that pickup.

- Bob
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search