Info on Solstice transmission, Ecotec engine? - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Info on Solstice transmission, Ecotec engine?
Thursday, January 26, 2006 8:35 AM
Doesn't anyone have any pointers to information on these Solstice drivetrain components?

I've been googling my ass off, and have found some information on various versions of the Ecotec engines, which has been informative. I'd still like to find more info on them, especially the 2.4L, LE5 engine used in the Solstice. I'm particularly interested in any maintenance or reliability issues.

I've been unable to find any info on the Solstice transmission, beyond a brief reference to it as a "Getrag 5-speed". I'm trying to find specific information on model or others in that family, reliability issues, especially clutch durability (and upgrades).

As perspective, the C-series transaxle used in my Toyota MR2 and various FWD models went through several versions - C50, C52 (mine), C56, etc. They had bearing size upgrades and flywheel/clutch diameter increases. I've found out the hard way that these clutches are a weak point. I'm trying to find similar information on the Solstice transmission & clutch.

Bob Peitzke

Re: Info on Solstice transmission, Ecotec engine?
Thursday, January 26, 2006 11:50 AM
I did find some info

Transmission: Aisin 5-speed from Chevy Colorado pickup.
Brakes: 4-wheel discs from Epsilon platform (Saab 9-3)
Rear differential & axles from Cadillac CTS

Now to dig some more on these components ...

Still looking for info & feedback.

Bob Peitzke
87 Toyota MR2na
03 Honda Pilot (wife)
67 Cougar XR7/289 (daughter)
Re: Info on Solstice transmission, Ecotec engine?
Tuesday, January 31, 2006 6:29 PM
The transmission in the Solstice (MA5) is related to the Jeep AX15 and Toyota R154 transmissions. All the info you need is here:

http://www.jeeps-offroad.com/showthread.php?t=4740

Greg
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search