UK / USA Ecotec differences - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
UK / USA Ecotec differences
Saturday, February 25, 2006 3:07 PM
Hi there, I am in the UK and have been into Drag racing since i was a baby, built several cars myself and cars for others, We are just putting together some plans to build a Rail Dragster powered by a blown 2.2 Ecotec from a UK Vauxhall Vectra, running a 2 speed GM auto hooked up to a narowed Volvo 240 LSD axle. My question is does anybody know if the UK and the USA 2.2 are the same engine and can parts be swapped or modified to fit etc. The blower wil be using a mechanical fuel injection system with 8 injectors running methanol so the engine will have to get the usual, steel liners, forged pistons, steel grank, uprated rods etc etc. We have difficulty obtaining high power parts over here so even getting part numbers and costs is difficult so I would apreciate any help from that side of the pond. bmrautomotive@hotmail.com
Thanks again, great site. Brian Willoughby. B.M.R. Automotive UK

Re: UK / USA Ecotec differences
Sunday, February 26, 2006 11:05 AM
hi well as far as parts GM parts
www.paceparts.com
www.spd2000.com
other places
www.rsmracing.com
www.maximumboost.net
www.hahnracecraft.com
www.mantapart.com
www.jbodyperformance.com
there a whole bunch
since your in britain why not start with the saab version it already has a turbo and better internals
im sure there are some wreked saabs to take the parts From
since the british pound is the stronger currency these parts should be cheap for you
Good Luck on your project
Re: UK / USA Ecotec differences
Wednesday, March 01, 2006 5:19 AM
Hi there,
Thanks for the info mr civilservent, we will keep you all informed on the progress.
brian. B.M.R. Automotive.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search