tint - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
tint
Thursday, February 17, 2005 12:41 PM
i got my tint done rescently and the tint does not stick to the top of my rear window... the material used to make that shade effect is non stick. how do i overcome this. they tried roughing it up but that didnt work either. tey told me i have to live with it. every other sunfire or cavi i have seen has this same problem. any ideas

Re: tint
Thursday, February 17, 2005 1:15 PM
well when i got mine done the guy had a technic to do it sticky but he never told me how he did it.

Anyway i dont see it anymore I put a Piece of Vinyl on top of the window.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

My Car Specs
Club J-Body Montreal Forums
Friday, February 18, 2005 9:03 PM
yea vinyl restricts the vision like madness though...i had a piece there for a while. hated it with a passion
Wednesday, February 23, 2005 7:33 AM
I cut my tint at the matrix (what that is called) and painted it black and you can't even tell it's there.

Quote: no ofence man but if you have so much experience in all that why does your car look like crap?

Friday, August 12, 2005 12:42 AM
yeah my tint guy tinted it up to the dots and then used vinyl after it cured, now it feels like I'm driving my Trans am so it doesn't bother me much. you can still see whats behind you, without the lifted 4x4's gazing down on you with their headlights

Saturday, March 18, 2006 5:45 PM
i had a 02 transam (miss that car) but my tinter up here used a mixture of vasline like material and it filled in matrix. smelled two days topps. looked good and stuck till i sold it
Saturday, April 08, 2006 6:32 AM
well i got mine done by a shop and they had some special tint that they used for the matrix part, it is thicker to withstand the heat gun better and darker then the rest of the tint but from the out side u cant tell a diffrence and from inside u can still see out it. i was very pleased.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search