RPM Hang - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
RPM Hang
Friday, May 12, 2006 8:55 AM
Hi at EcotechPOWER,

I'm new here on this site. I've recently purchased an '03 Cavalier (my 2nd one - my first was an '82) with a 5-speed manual trans. I'm trying to adjust to the RPM hang or hold up between shifts. Even when I 'blip' the throttle in neutral, the RPMs don't subside readily. The rental cars I drove with this motor seemed to be this same way, even with auto trans, so I assume this is normal. Is there any way around this anomalie?? I sure appreciate all the posts & info on this site!!

Thanks,
03cavover

Re: RPM Hang
Monday, July 02, 2007 2:38 PM
Probably should fix your vaccuum leak.
Wednesday, July 04, 2007 3:52 AM
I'm sorry but I'm not understanding exactly what you mean by "RPM Hang"

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Thursday, September 27, 2007 6:30 PM
What is RPM hang?

167,000 on an Ecotec since 02

Sunday, October 14, 2007 7:24 AM
what???????????

We designed to dominate thats mans natural instinct,
And put it on the line like reputations and pink slips.
-MADROX
Monday, May 19, 2008 11:32 PM
If you have one you will know. Almost all new cars have a throttle controlled by the computer. When you push down on the throttle pedal an electrical signal tells the computer to open the throttle and then the computer sends the signal for the throttle actuator to open the throttle. When you let off the throttle pedal the computer sends the signal to close the throttle at a slow rate as a way to control emissions.
Thursday, December 25, 2008 9:43 AM
Dunno if the programming is set up this way but sometimes the ECU shuts off the injectors when the throttle is lifted. Another way to save fuel. And adds to the "hang". A buddy has a C230 and complains of the same thing. My vehicles are older and don't have this problem.

You may have to learn to not lift your foot. Back in the day, we called this speed shifting. Just mash the gas and get that left foot coordinated
with the right hand
Monday, January 19, 2009 5:11 AM
^^^^^^ DON'T do that

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search