vx220 ( opel speedster) - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
vx220 ( opel speedster)
Monday, July 25, 2005 12:26 PM
hi all!

i have a vx220 and have been doing a few mods to it....i am aiming to get around 220bhp /190+lbft...currently have around 190hp/180lbft! this is without nos/supercharging/turbo.....
i have been looking at getting dth throttle bodies along with a programmable ecu! as you guys have had this engine for a while you may have ways of getting this amount of power?

i will post a picture of my car when i find out how to do it!?

steve

Re: vx220 ( opel speedster)
Monday, July 25, 2005 12:30 PM
he is my car

hope you like it )))
Sunday, July 31, 2005 11:20 AM
hi Steve..you can try Courtenay's or Regal for the tuneup..both do superchargers..the ecu is reprogramable so you dont need to replace it..Courtenays do a stage 1 with about 210 / 215bhp and a stage 2 with about 240+ bhp
Friday, February 24, 2006 10:56 AM
Hi Steve,

I new here ( german) and I`m going to buy a VX 220 as well in a few month. I`m an engine builder and I wan`t to do exactly the same as you: I want to build a high-revving
ecotec without turbocharching and I´m aiming 270 bhp. As I have heard is there existing a 2,4 ecotec engine from a pontiac solstice what I would like to take as a base engine.

But to your question: If you want to go to a 4 barrel inlet system to wouldn`t advice you to take the std. ECU because this will work well only with air flow sensor. With 25 years of race engine experience, I would recommend to go to a free programmable ECU which
takes a rev signal and a throttle angle signal, this will work well with 4 barrels.

Udo
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search