Considering the VUE - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Considering the VUE
Sunday, May 09, 2004 1:36 PM
Has anyone driven the VUE with the 2.2?

I have heard that the 5spd ends up revving a little high at highway speeds, and the CVT is plagued with problems.

I am not looking for a powerhouse obviously because of the weight of the VUE, but I dont want it to be too WEAK.

Opinions?

(btw, I cant afford anyting more than the eco in the VUE, so its either that or something cheaper/used)

Re: Considering the VUE
Friday, May 14, 2004 9:54 AM
I have the same 5 speed in my ION sedan and at highway speeds your looking at around a 2,500 RPM cruising speed. The CVT problems have been fixed and GM has added an extended warranty to all CVT VUE's and ION quad coupes as well, so no need to worry about that.
Sunday, November 14, 2004 1:45 PM
We have a 2003 Vue that we bought brand new with the CVT transmission and the 2.2 engine.Other than it being a little noisier than most we have had NO problems with the SUV.My wife drives it to work and has put 53k on it thus far.We are still on our first set of tires, brakes, everything.She gets about 27-28 miles per gallon with it and she loves it.I change the oil every 3-4k with a synthetic blend from either valvoline or castrol. She was hit on the front right corner of the bumper about a year and a half ago by a guy who ran a red light. He was in a Honda accord.All that happend to the Vue was it pealed back the bumper cover and broke the right light housing. The Honda couldnt be driven away from the accident .Afterwards my wife got in drove off and went to work granted a little mad but the Vue held up and we love it. I was a little leary about the CVT when we first looked at it in OCT2002 but it rides great and is a perfect commuter SUV.Good luck in your quest.
Friday, December 10, 2004 8:12 PM
I use to work for saturn and the VUE 4 Cylinder (2.2L) SUX it has no pick up NONE and they end up running like crap in the long run the 2.2 is not enough power for that SUV the Ecotec was made for cars not SUVs and the VTi is NO GOOD!!!!! even though GM has Added the Extended Warrenty that dosent make the problems go away and for 05 the VTi longer available in the saturns.
Saturday, January 01, 2005 4:01 AM
I've purchased an 04 2.2L 5-speed Vue last April. No, you aren't going to impress John Force with it's 1/4 mile time, but I've driven slower vehicles. They put in a 4.41 axle ratio in their 5-speeds which make acceleration actually fairly decent, but yes you are running around 3100 rpm at 70mph. I have a G-tech pro acceleration meter, and I got a 16.96 1/4 mile time in some humid 90 degree weather this summer. I'm getting around 26mpg which isn't much better than the V6, 250 hp honda powered Vues, but it was also about $5,000 less.
I bought the Vue for an inexpensive, safe, people hauler. I've got my Vette for my adrenalin rushes........
Friday, January 07, 2005 7:46 PM
Joe Gonzales wrote:I use to work for saturn and the VUE 4 Cylinder (2.2L) SUX it has no pick up NONE and they end up running like crap in the long run the 2.2 is not enough power for that SUV the Ecotec was made for cars not SUVs and the VTi is NO GOOD!!!!! even though GM has Added the Extended Warrenty that dosent make the problems go away and for 05 the VTi longer available in the saturns.

I have 58k on a 03 vue w/VTI and I havent had one problem with it.We get 28-30 MPG in it as well..If this for gas milage is NO GOOD then I want MORE no good milage SUV's.
Friday, January 21, 2005 12:35 PM
I have one they are fast even with the 2.2L I put a k and N air filter and exhaust and it flies I love my vue
Friday, June 03, 2005 10:47 AM
The 2.2 Vue is nice, but of course the 3.5 Honda engine is alot better.

Funny thing, but I was driving to work, which is Saturn. A barnd new 2.2 Vue, with 30 day tag still on, pulled up beside me. When we left the light he was obviously trying to race me. So I went along with it. Without going over 3500 rpm I took him pretty easily.

All due to the weight of the Vue. If it was either the 3.0 or 3.5 I would've definetly lost.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search