Cant afford the VUE :( ... so is it ION? 1 or 2? - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Cant afford the VUE :( ... so is it ION? 1 or 2?
Tuesday, May 18, 2004 5:42 PM
Allthough I really wanted the VUE, I am unable to afford it after figuring insurance, and options.

so my choices are a used vehicle, or the ION

If I go with the ION I am torn between the ION 1 and 2 waht do you think?; I am not concerned with the power package so overall for about $1300 more (after discounts) I get with the ION 2 the following items wich are not included with the ION 1:

1. Power Locks (would be nice for future keyless entry)
2. Front center armrest with integrated storage (would this be in the way with a stick?)
3. 15" steelies instead of 14" (doesnt matter they are comign off anyway)
4. Front passenger seat rear facing map storage area (no biggie)
5. CD Player (yankin it eventually)
6. Different interior (better?)
7. My color of choice (blue is not availabel on the 1 package I would settle for black or silver)

So my question to you people; IS it worth the extra ~$1300 for what I get? Would you pay it? whats important to you?

Re: Cant afford the VUE :( ... so is it ION? 1 or 2?
Tuesday, May 18, 2004 8:06 PM
it doesent sound like it because the only thing you will keep is the interior and thepower locks i mean are you willing to pay 1300 more for only 2 things that you really want and the rest your goin to switch with something better
Tuesday, May 18, 2004 8:26 PM
if you've got the $1300 in cash save it and put it back into the engine or interior. $1300 is a lot if you shop around.
Friday, May 21, 2004 3:35 PM
your forgetting one thing, you also get a/c standard. That's huge for future resale of the vehicle. Just getting a/c alone in the ION 1will set you back almost just as much, so I say get the ION 2, but thats me.
Monday, May 24, 2004 4:21 PM
The $1300 difference was taking the AC into consideration.

Monday, June 07, 2004 1:10 AM
also the seats in the ION 1 are pretty bad, so unless you plan to reupholster the seats or replace front and rears with some kind of racing style seats, I'd go with the ION 2.

That extra 1,300 will get you the features you listed, a/c, upgraded interior cloth, 15" wheels (slightly better for traction and when you use these for your winter rims and tires, you'll have better grip than a 14" tire would provide), as well as slight revisions to the body such as body colored door handles, option for a sunroof, and you can order a blue one if that's what you wanted in the first place.
Friday, June 03, 2005 4:43 PM
Get the Redline Ion. It makes the 1 & 2 look like a horse drawn carriage.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search