No respect - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
No respect
Sunday, December 10, 2006 12:55 PM
Whats the big deal with no one giving the ecotec motor any respect? I've got a 2.2 in my cavalier and i get laughed at twice as hard, one for driving a cavalier, and two for having an ecotec...to bad there aren't too many fast cavaliers running around to shut all these haters up

Re: No respect
Monday, December 11, 2006 1:56 PM
It doesn't matter what other people think, it's your car. Be proud and enjoy your car. They are poor enthusiasts.

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Friday, December 22, 2006 9:13 PM
hell yeah GM pride is where its at!!! GO CHEVY!!!!
Tuesday, January 02, 2007 9:32 PM
make it fast and shut them up... this motor has a lot of potential if you want to pay to unleash it

p.s. there are a bunch of fast j's running around ...suncavi,hypsy,pj skwril,dj clueless, and some other guy that has a auto trans too i think

many many more too those are just the ones that come to mind...

|Forged 8.9:1 Wiseco Pistons|Forged Eagle Rods|HPTuners|60trim|Tial Wastegate|
|Precision Intercooler|2.5" Exhaust|2.5" Charge Pipes|630CC Mototron Injectors|
|Stock: Fuel Pump, Transmission, Manifold, TB, Head, Head Gasket, Ignition, Suspension...|
Tuesday, January 02, 2007 9:33 PM
p.s. i still get hella hate locally... dont expect it to end... no matter how fast you get... you will always just have a cavy and they will always just have a civic

|Stock: Fuel Pump, Transmission, Manifold, TB, Head, Head Gasket, Ignition, Suspension...|
Wednesday, January 03, 2007 5:02 AM
make fast

Thursday, January 04, 2007 5:32 AM
Speed isn't everything IMHO when it comes to econoboxes but, name a quicker base model economy car than Jbody ecotec.... I cannot think of one.

VERY low maintenance, great economy, can't be beat for speed in it's class (base model). What's not to like?
Thursday, January 04, 2007 3:51 PM
Mike2200 wrote:Speed isn't everything IMHO when it comes to econoboxes but, name a quicker base model economy car than Jbody ecotec.... I cannot think of one.

VERY low maintenance, great economy, can't be beat for speed in it's class (base model). What's not to like?

very very good points

Thursday, January 04, 2007 6:36 PM
Anyone into speed that does not respect your car (especially if they have another "souped up" econo car/compact inexpensive car of any brand) is an idiot. 13 seconds out of 4cyl with a 4 speed automatic... damn.
Friday, January 05, 2007 5:58 AM
i love my Ecotec, and i love my 34mpg i get on her. I just think its sad that there is hardly any aftermarket support for them, and the only thing people think are worth driving is Honda,Nissan or Toyota..I guess you wont get respect unless you conform to the norms of the tuner society. So sad
Monday, January 08, 2007 3:35 PM
I play in a lot of different automotive circles and what I have found is that the guys that really know what they are doing respect the Ecotec. The guys that build high horsepower cars see the potential of the Ecotecs design and have seen Ecotec powered vehicles winning events and setting records. But there will always be haters, it's just part of life.

Monday, January 08, 2007 3:59 PM
LIVID wrote:I play in a lot of different automotive circles and what I have found is that the guys that really know what they are doing respect the Ecotec. The guys that build high horsepower cars see the potential of the Ecotecs design and have seen Ecotec powered vehicles winning events and setting records. But there will always be haters, it's just part of life.

Exactly.

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Wednesday, February 14, 2007 3:24 PM
dont get hated with my eco but have some insight they are afraid because ecos have a huge power build posibility and are they honda drivers cause you got to figure a honda has 1.6 liter engines where as my coke cola bottle has 2liters lol

Tuesday, April 03, 2007 3:46 PM
You Bet, I laugh very hard when somebody asking why I didn't go with a import like every body as a base model for tuning,

1- I bought my 2003 Z24(CDN ) new at 0% interest
2- Parts very less expensive
3- The car very very very less expensive
4- Ecotec Power plant
5- Automatic tranny,
6- Fly by a import, priceless
8- GM upgrade Kit bolt on, SC

What can I say more,

Club J-Body Delta of Quebec, Montreal Division Event Planner

My Car Domain
Mon Char.Com

Monday, July 02, 2007 8:26 AM
First off, if anybody remembers, when Hondas started making powerful 4 cycl VTEC motors everyone laughed at them, too. GM has decided they want a piece of this pie and they are one of the biggest auto makers in the world. So, if they want it, it will only be a matter of time before they get it.

Honestly, they might already own the title, but just haven't got the respect with the Ecotec yet. But, dig deeper. The Ecotec has been winning lots of races in the NOPI series, land speed records, and even time trials for import magazines with cars making way more power.

The respect may never come for the Ecotec engines and what GM has done to play catch up in the compact market, but the wins are there.

Saturday, August 11, 2007 8:07 AM
It doesn't even take that much money to get going with the Eco's. I've got less than a grand in mine and I smoke just about anything that runs my way. They're an easy junk-yard build up if you've got the time and the smarts! A cold air intake, redo the exhaust, maybe a new header if you're feelin' kinky, and bam you've got a rice hunter.

"it's only a cavalier, right?...I mean it's not fast or anything, is it?" -famous last words-
No respect
Thursday, September 27, 2007 6:29 PM
Well I would say it’s because it’s a torsion bar....Go for Independent rear suspension...like the Alero and the Grand Am...Or Saab if you like...or if you like it rare....LS200.....but I can’t hate because well your rokin' an Ecotec...just let them know that the Eco' is the fastest 4cyl in US atm...And it doesn’t have v-tec...not to mention...you take the restrictive sound box off...and get your self a intake...not the Goose neck AEM one.....and your spankin' the v-tec kids....then throw on the Polly trans mounts...and bam!..now your spankin v-Tec’s even shifting like a rook on his 2end day of driving school...also your not bumpin' your motor over 7k to make your power..and your still poundin' em down.....stiffin up the back cause that’s where your loosin all your power....the motor has to push the car back b-4 you go...that torsion bar isn't that great...don’t know why GM went that way on almost all there fwd's...well prob cause its cheaper..but any way.......im out

167,000 on an Ecotec since 02

Friday, November 02, 2007 5:53 PM
^^^ That was a little off topic. I think..............I quit reading after the step by step instructions.

Monday, November 05, 2007 11:43 AM
I would think it was the exact reason to make fun of it.....torsion bars should be made fun of...it just shows that you did no research or that you even know anything....because who would want a car w/ a torsion bar...allot of ppl who don't care or know about cars.....because torsion bar is nothing you want for a performance vehicle...so you prob. think its off topic because you dont know what a Torsion bar is...type it into google and try to read....

167,000 on an Ecotec since 02

Tuesday, November 06, 2007 4:58 AM
The topic was about how the Ecotec doesn't seem to get much respect in a Jbody. Read the first post.

Besides, you're the one bragging about 167k miles on a Ecotec in your signature! Then you're turning around and bashing the car you drive?! Seems to be another Honda boy snaking his way in here.

And the final thing I'll say is...........you, my friend, are the exact reason why the Ecotec has a hard time earning respect. That Honda I'm lined up next to doesn't know about a torsion bar system under the car. He just knows he's gotta hate on an Ecotec in a Jbody.

Thanks for giving them one more reason to DISRESPECT the ECOTEC.

Thursday, March 13, 2008 11:09 PM
It doesn't matter what everyone else thinks about your car it is what you think and like. I used to get no respect when I first got my Sunfire and now people see what I am doing and people around my area are starting to do things to them cause they see how much of a solid car they are to build and it isn't a Honda, Toyota, Nissan, Subaru, or evo. The point is it doesn't matter if no one around respects you for rocking a Cavy it is are you able to respect yourself for rocking the Cavy? J-bodies aren't bad little econo boxes no matter who laughs at you or not.

Thursday, December 11, 2008 12:09 AM
I ran into this problem yesterday on importtuner.com. Heres the link to the discussion, and my 2 or 3 or 99 cents
http://forums.importtuner.com/70/212680/tuner-cars/ecotec-vs-vtech/page2.html

I got a little carried away, but car bashers on the net are incredibly ignorant...

PS the meets I go to have all but maybe 2 domestics. And I get respect because my car speaks for itself.
Monday, August 10, 2009 9:06 AM
Build it right, Stay away from the tacky @!#$,They have lots of Aftermarket support .......Respect has to earned when in this world,..... I dumped an Eco in a 97 Fire just because i was told it couldn't be done... then tore it down and built it.... then sprayed it... Now boosting the same motor. now when we go racing it seems that around here myself and James(Raven) are the only Domestic cars at the track..... But we have the respect of the sport compact scene here.... witch is mostly Hondas and Mazdas.

491whp, 393wtq
11.93@ 127mph
Raven Autosports (902)850-3330

Wednesday, September 16, 2009 3:51 PM
Darnell Isaac wrote:I just think its sad that there is hardly any aftermarket support for them.

Umm where are you looking? I can get anything i want for my eco, including a mail-order sleeved block. I never get serious disrespect from Honda guys, they must just be pussies in my area.

Also in the respect to the other thread posted, there might be one person who know what they are talking about. I stopped reading after they said the J-body ecos have variable timing like Honda's V-tec.

Tinkles

2003 Cavalier 1SV
Bagged and Blown

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search