2003 Grand Am Ecotec - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
2003 Grand Am Ecotec
Tuesday, November 18, 2003 1:31 PM
I have a 2003 Grand Am with the Ecotec Engine

Re: 2003 Grand Am Ecotec
Wednesday, November 19, 2003 6:40 AM
I have a 2002 Grand Am with the Ecotec Engine, some mods. <br>

2002 Pontiac Grand Am SE1 Mods: Weapon R Hyper Intake - RSM 62MM TB - Cat-back w/ Dynomax Super Turbo - Eibach Pro-Kit - B&M Shifter - Advanti's w/ Michelin XGT 225/45/17 - F/R STB - KYB GR2's - Next Level Sway Bar
Sunday, November 23, 2003 12:00 AM
sweet to see some G/A people showing up

<br>

Tuesday, December 09, 2003 3:28 PM
man they are seriously puting the ecotec in everything. how is the power in your GA. it seems to me that 140 hp wouldnt' be enough to have the car be peppy. i'm just waiting for the day when gm puts the eco in the grand prix
Thursday, December 11, 2003 7:38 PM
the grand prix is to big and heavy for the 4cly

<br>

Friday, December 12, 2003 12:54 PM
The grand-am eco's aren't that quick.Not putting ya down but they could use some mods to perk them up a little.With a 5-speed prolly mid,to high 16's. <br>

I ain't callin u a gold digga,but you ain't messin wit a broke cracka
Saturday, December 13, 2003 12:21 PM
they should make bigger ecotec engines other than the 2.2 b/c even the sunfires could use some mods
Thursday, December 18, 2003 5:15 PM
EcoFire . wrote:The grand-am eco's aren't that quick.Not putting ya down but they could use some mods to perk them up a little.With a 5-speed prolly mid,to high 16's.
I have some mods but I'm putting down high 15's low 16's so far. <br>

2002 Pontiac Grand Am SE1 Mods: Weapon R Hyper Intake - RSM 62MM TB - Cat-back w/ Dynomax Super Turbo - Eibach Pro-Kit - B&M Shifter - Advanti's w/ Michelin XGT 225/45/17 - F/R STB - KYB GR2's - Next Level Sway Bar
Wednesday, January 07, 2004 3:40 PM
The ecotec puts out peppy performance in sunfires and cavaliers because those cars only weigh 2600 lbs. Grand Am's weigh 3100 lbs. For compact cars, grand am's sure do weigh a lot. A chevy malibu is a midsize car and it still weighs 100 lbs. less than a grand am.
Thursday, January 08, 2004 9:33 AM
I have an 03 Grand Am with the 3400... growl...
<br>

Saturday, January 17, 2004 8:07 PM
I've never actually seen a grand am with the ecotec engine opened up so i wouldn't know

Wednesday, January 21, 2004 12:16 PM
I currently have a 2004 Grand AM and actually came down from a 1994 Bonneville, I miss the 3.8Ltr but I don't miss the 19MPG. The GA is pretty solid and it has a nice throaty sound when I push it hard. Its defintely peppy though would love about 20 more horses, and I would not touch the 3.4 ltr with a 10' pole. I think they ought to make a tricked out GA with the 2.2Ltr Eco Supercharged (200+ HP)
Wednesday, January 21, 2004 3:18 PM
my 02 ga ran 15.6 at the track
Wednesday, January 21, 2004 3:21 PM
and i've beaten gt's before but can't seem to beat the cavalier ecos
Tuesday, August 24, 2004 8:00 AM
I just ran a 15.9 with 18's on, pretty happy with that, all things considered. <br>

Wednesday, December 01, 2004 2:40 PM
I have an 04' eco grand am just wish it was a 5 speed the I would have no complaints.

some mods: Magnaflow Muffler Dual out (dtm style), custom wai setup.....near future: 18's, eibach, kyb, aem cai, pacesetter header, 2.25" piping and dynomax muffler. just need the damn snow to go away.....
Wednesday, December 01, 2004 2:59 PM
I hate Grand Ams i had a 95 with the 3.1 and i considered it to be more like a Grand-Ma
i'll make 2 passes down the strip in my cavy before that darn car even finishes one
Tuesday, January 04, 2005 8:16 AM
listen jerky the cavalier and grand am is the same thing. only difference is the grand am is heavier. still 10 times metter then the cavalier

A minor facelift a few years ago was intended to keep it competitive for a while longer, but there's only so much you can do to mask decade-old engineering. Chevrolet's all-new Cobalt will take over the small-car reins after the 2005 model year, the Cavalier's final bow. You can expect to see rock-bottom offers this year as Chevy dealers attempt to clear out their inventory, but if you're looking for anything more than low pricing, we'd encourage you to stick to the better qualified cars in this class.
Saturday, January 08, 2005 9:12 PM
ecotecs are pretty sweet in the smaller cars. i got an 02 cavalier with one and just stock it's top speeds leaves a little to be desiredd but its has really good pick up and torque. but as far as a 2.2 in a midsize car? when i hear someone say that they wanna like make one fast, im like
Sunday, January 09, 2005 10:19 PM
this @!#$ jerk off cody

What makes this American gran turismo car European?
THE AUTOMAKERS' DREAM is sports-car handling in a family sedan. The Europeans got there first: Jaguar, Mercedes, Citroen, BMW and so on.
Not to be outdone, GM decided that if the Europeans can do it, so can we. GM set out to build—and did build—four cars that embody true gran turismo handling, maneuverability, braking and performance, combined with a good long-distance ride, roominess, general comfort and luxury.
For 1973, all four of GM'-s A-bodied intermediates—Pontiac Grand Am, Chevy Monte Carlo, Olds Cutlass Salon and Buick Regal—offer true GT models. These cars really handle. Let's see what makes Grand Am that way.
The Grand Am's chassis was set up specifically for steel-belted radial tires. (See How Detroit is "tuning" its new cars for radials, which begins on page 130.) Suspension uses heavy-duty everything, including harder rubber bushings, a thicker front stabilizer (1.12 in. o.d.), a standard rear stabilizer and a bit more suspension travel than found in normal Pontiac intermediates.
Shock absorbers, called Pliacell, have internal plastic membranes that separate the hydraulic fluid from the gas. At high speeds on rough roads, most shocks tend to aerate (gas and fluid mix, causing bubbles). This kills a shock's effectiveness. But Pliacell shocks can't aerate.
Despite a much stiffer-than-normal suspension, the Grand Am's ride is very smooth and silent—surprisingly so. At 80 mph, the car feels like most others doing 60.
Two V8s in four horsepower ratings lend impressive performance. Hottest is the LS2 Super Duty 455-cu.-in. V8 at 310 hp net. This engine has fittings at the back of the block for quick conversion to dry-sump lubrication (for racing). Transmission choices include the Muncie M21 wide-ratio four-speed or GM's Turbo Hydra-Matic (standard).
Conclusion: If you want a car that handles—and one that handles the family as well—the Grand Am and its three A-bodied cousins will give you more grand touring for your money than anything from Europe.—M.L

never heard some one say that about the cavalier

CAVALIER
First introduced in the spring of 1981, the Cavalier has been Chevrolet's entry-level import fighter for more than two decades now. The philosophy behind the car is simple: Give customers with limited budgets a well-appointed, reliable car that offers a variety of configurations to suit their needs. The formula seems to have worked, as the Cavalier has consistently been one of Chevrolet's top-selling models.

Improvements over the years have kept the Cavalier competitive, but the current model has languished without a major redesign since 1995. The fact that the sporty Z24 and convertible coupe models are no longer available further reduces the Cavalier's ability to distinguish itself from the import and domestic competition. A minor facelift last year was intended to keep it competitive for a few more years, but there's only so much you can do to mask decade-old engineering.

@!#$ idiot

<br>

2004 Grand Am
Dynomax Exhaust
Custom Intake

www.geocities.com/irocit_2000
Monday, January 10, 2005 11:54 AM
http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=2&i=281546&t=281546
cody is a f*ckbag check this out <br>

its a cavalier i should get 2 cars and the hit

Friday, February 18, 2005 9:46 PM
I wanted a 2004 Grand Am 4cyl with the getrag 5spd. But there were not any. The only few around Canada were base models. I wanted a fully loaded one. I guess I could have waited for it to be ordered.
So I have a 2004 Cavalier Z24.
Thursday, April 07, 2005 1:48 PM
2002 Ecotec GA SE 5 speed loaded w/out leather:

http://www.grandsontario.com/gallery/album07/aak

http://www.grandsontario.com/gallery/album07/aal

I just supercharged it a few weeks ago.

I live my life a 1/4 mile at a time and for those 15 seconds, I realize, I need boost.
Wednesday, June 08, 2005 11:56 AM
i have a 2002pontiac grand am i need performance parts can you help me
email me at papabayer420@charter.net, or @yahoo.com
Wednesday, June 08, 2005 2:05 PM
Quote:

i have a 2002pontiac grand am i need performance parts can you help me

The quick route - Buy an RSM Vortec SC and then add a full exhaust.

Beyond that, go to the JBO and search, there is plenty of go fast info there.

2.2L Ecotec - Vortec Supercharged
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search