buying a cobalt - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
buying a cobalt
Saturday, January 10, 2004 11:32 PM
does anyone have an idea on what the price of an SS cobalt would be??
i would like to sell my 03 cav and buy one. how much hp will the SS get? i want it mostly for tuning, so which would be better, the 2.4 or the 2.0, i know aftermarket parts will take some time to come out, but still.

Re: buying a cobalt
Sunday, January 11, 2004 12:01 PM
Well I might be wrong but I think the 2.4L will be avalible right away and the 2.0SC might be after 6 months or so. See the thing with the 2.0L SC is.. are you happy with a SC or would you rather have a Turbo. I don't know as of yet the HP ratings for the 2.0L SC but atleast if not over 200hp probably 215-225hp but hopefully GM will jump and put 250hp but we will see.

Look at pricing from $20,000 and $23,000 but I can be wrong on this we will have to see when they show up at the dealership.

<br>

Wednesday, January 28, 2004 8:01 PM
I was thinking about it too, getting one, but I think what I would do is go for the 2.4 and turbo the thing, probably get more out of it that way, don't ya think?

Scott
Thursday, April 22, 2004 7:22 PM
I read that the SS is gonna be 205HP, and the Sport will be 175HP. I called a local GM dealer here in Canada and yakked at one of the sales guys I know, and he heard the SS will be in around 23-25K Cdn bucks !

I was thinking about trading in my 03 Sunfire for one, but if Pontiac is keeping the Sunfire around, does that mean we might just see either a 2L Turbo or SC ehgine in the yeet to be announced 05 model ???!!

Ahhhh .... one could only hope !!
Monday, April 26, 2004 7:11 AM
http://www.chevrolet.com/cobalt/#ss_supercharged

After seeing that picture, I'm GOING to get one. Saving up now. Fall 2004, people....

Damn it looks soooo nice
Wednesday, June 30, 2004 10:53 AM
I've seen a cobalt ss supercharged. The perks of working for a chevy dealership I guess. The sticker on it was 31,000 it was fully loaded with every option though so just thought i 'd let you guys know. <br>

04 Arrival blue coupe Yeah baby!!!
Friday, July 02, 2004 7:24 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I hope the sticker price you listed was a typo!!!!!

The highest I have heard for the SS Supercharged is about 22K fully optioned, but hopefully we will be able to get them for a between 20-21K. If they were $31,000 nobody would buy them, that is ridiculous lol!!

By the way I am also planning on getting one for the '06 or '07 model year, then hopefully any bugs should be worked out and I might be able to afford one
Monday, August 09, 2004 5:56 AM
I believe I read 21-22k for the supercharged. only like 14k for the base model. <br>

-------------
Stick shifts and Safety Belts
Buckets seats have all got to go
When I'm driving in my car
It makes my baby seem so far
Tuesday, August 10, 2004 3:55 AM
From what I have read the 2.4 will only be available with the 4T45E automatic which may not hold up as well with boost. The supercharged car gets a beefed up 5-speed over the base car.
Thursday, August 26, 2004 11:20 AM
$21995 is the suggested retail price of the Cobalt SS Supercharged...in my area they will start selling them for around $21430
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search