Fuel pump theory question - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Fuel pump theory question
Tuesday, November 20, 2007 7:31 AM
If an inline pump is installed, and the in tank pump dies, would the inline pump be enough to run the engine, or would it do nothing. This is just a theory question for N/A.

Would it work, have ppl tried it?

Re: Fuel pump theory question
Wednesday, November 21, 2007 5:39 AM
A inline fuel pump is more of a "helper" pump. So say the fuel coming out of the tank from the fuel pump is at 190 lph and then the inline fuel pump boosts it up to 250 lph (these numbers are pure example).

If the intake fuel pump COMPLETELY dies, well...it can't "boost" any fuel that isn't being sent out. It's like multiplying any number times 0.

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Wednesday, November 21, 2007 5:58 AM
Sounds about right. Next question, for an 03 Cav, for the fuel pump, is there a way to change just the pump, or are we screwed with changing the whole sending unit? I remember seeing somewhere a good while back that Walhbro (sp?) was selling an in tank pump, just the pump. Or are there any conversions, ie. Blazer pumps (so I've heard)?
Wednesday, November 21, 2007 10:15 AM
That's a good question but I don't want to give a answer cause I'm not 100% sure

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Wednesday, November 21, 2007 1:09 PM
Were the older, pre eco fuel pumps a complete sending unit, or just a pump swap? This might be possible if the pressures are the same, or it make enough pressure
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search