2.2L ecotec egr - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
2.2L ecotec egr
Monday, February 11, 2008 12:09 AM
Hey guys just wondering if anybody knows why on the eco heads there is a egr passage with the block off plate, does anybody know if any of the cars even run egr and if not whats the purpose of incorporating a egr passage with a block off plate. thanks

Re: 2.2L ecotec egr
Monday, February 11, 2008 10:21 PM
anybody?
Saturday, March 08, 2008 12:53 PM
That's actually not for EGR, it's for secondary air injection. No ecotecs have EGR. Some makes/models have SAI, like my 2007 Cobalt LS auto, some don't & will have the plate over the port in the head.

Joel

2007 Cobalt LS 4dr, 2.2L, Auto, bone stock deluxe poor man's package.
Saturday, March 08, 2008 8:24 PM
cool thanks man just curious on the question i didnt even think about air injection to pump oxygen into the cat to lower hydrocarbons, do u know what models have the secondary air injection just curious cause i havent seen one
Sunday, March 09, 2008 8:33 AM
I've never been able to put any rime or reason as to exactly which model Cobalts have SAI. It seems like mostly 4dr automatics for some reason. The system uses an electric blower mounted under the intake manifold. Here's a close-up pic of my 2007 2.2L auto:

Joel

2007 Cobalt LS 4dr, 2.2L, Auto, bone stock deluxe poor man's package.
Sunday, March 09, 2008 2:05 PM
If it seems like 4 dr auto's, then there is probably a reason. Since its a heavier car, it will produce more NOX readings under load. Just a thought though.
Sunday, March 09, 2008 2:42 PM
well hey thanks alot fella's , i have just been wondering this question for awhile and nobody has posted on this subject soo thanks alot especially with the pic
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search