piggy back? - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
piggy back?
Sunday, August 17, 2008 8:46 PM
im lookin for a piggy back system for my 07 ecotec, saturn ion, already have a k and n filter, 2 and 3/8 inch stainless vibrant straight through exhaust, and poly trany mounts, im lookin for a computer or piggy back to help me out, how much am i going to spend and which system should i be lookin for? will the apexi safc work?
thanks for the help if you can
dave
south texas

Re: piggy back?
Monday, August 18, 2008 10:59 AM
as of right now there isnt any program for your car, the only other way would to get a stand alone engine management system or get hp tuners. I personally have hp tuners and is pretty fun and also kind of complicated. just so ya know ya cant piggyback an obd2 vehicle which is any vehicle made after 96, The apexi controller looks like a waste of money and looks like all it does is monitors several things. My suggestion would be to get a cold air intake or a header, or if ya have some money a supercharger if you don't have that model
Tuesday, August 19, 2008 10:11 PM
intakes are iffy with this model, the 07, i hear the ses light comes on, ive got poly tranny mounts, and a catback with a straight thru dual tip stainless steel muffler. you mentioned the hp tuners, what are they, how much, where can i find em?, thanks for the help, and as for the stand alone what can i use, i want to weight my options, cause i have a budget over 500 under 700,
dave
Wednesday, August 20, 2008 9:52 PM
im sure you can get a intake for it, and a intake will not set a code unless its hooked up improperly. Try AEM for a intake they are nice but expensive. If you know what your doing you could get some higher lift cams for about 400. hptuners is a program that reflashes the pcm and lets you modify stock settings. just go to hptuners.com

I personally recommend cams or a intake or headers. best bet you can find stuff at allecotec.com too
Thursday, August 21, 2008 9:45 PM
saturn motorsports stopped selling the intake for the 07 ion just for this reason, i would love to have an intake, but the only company that makes an intake for the ion, injen, their product does not work well enough for satrunmotorsports to sell it any more, so im being careful, im not lookin to mess with the internals of my engine right now, so the next best thing is a comp. of some sort, and i wont settle for jet, i hear bad things, im not lookin for 20 dollar products , bur no one can give me a definite answer on a computer, ive heard so many different answers for the same question, im just going to study more and ask more questions.
thanks
dave
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search