which is better to mod 2.2 or 2.4 - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
which is better to mod 2.2 or 2.4
Friday, October 03, 2008 10:58 PM
I'm new here, and need help with buying a cavalier
I'm looking to buy a 95-00 cavalier convertible
But need help with which engine I should go with

first the 2.2
is there any other options beside hahn racecraft for boost, because they only go as far back as 98
and how reliable is this 2.2 engine?

I would like to go with the 2.4, but I can't find any turbo or supercharger for it, boost options seems to only point to the 2.2

so what I'm getting at is which engine is better to mod?

I'm not looking to race, I just like to drive fast, with hp goals around 250 to 300

Any advice would help

Re: which is better to mod 2.2 or 2.4
Friday, October 03, 2008 11:01 PM
I forgot one last thing
what option do I have at engine swaps
Monday, October 06, 2008 10:13 AM
you can swap in a 2.2 ecotec into your cavalier. 2.4's are for cobalts and it's not very manageable to do.

Thursday, October 09, 2008 1:27 PM
If you haven't bought the 'vert yet... see if you can find a 2000 first. It'll come with a 2.4L Twin Cam engine (not Ecotec 2.4L.. that wasn't offered in a Cavalier of any year). Because it'll have the newer body harness and all, you can drop a 2.2L Ecotec into it if you ever have any drivetrain issues.

GM Supercharger kits can be had for the 2.4L Twin Cam and the 2.2L Ecotec... so that's an easy one to solve.

If you can't get your hands on a 2000 model year... the older ones can be swapped to an Ecotec as well... but you have to swap all the wiring in the car and modify a few other things too (gas tank, evap lines, brake lines if you want ABS, etc...)

I've done a 98 Z24 2.4L to 03 Eco 2.2L swap recently... wasn't that difficult, but I've done swaps before. It's not plug n' play like a 2000 would be though.

...j

Friday, October 10, 2008 8:11 PM
Thanks, that helps
But the one I was referring to was the 97 z24

I'll look for a 2000 model
thanks
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search