Dimensions and specs - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Dimensions and specs
Friday, November 14, 2008 5:53 PM
Hello,

I'm new here also and have run some searches and not found a thread of what I was looking for. Does anyone have or know where to find specific dimensions on the various Ecotec engines ? Wiki has great info on specs (bore, stroke, versions, etc.)

Are all versions capable of longitudinal mounting with RWD trans or do non Soltice/Sky versions need mods ?

Also for those that are interested- Quad 4 Rods has info and parts for transmission swaps ( bellhousings for man/auto, etc )

I am looking at putting some version (not sure which) of this Ecotec engine into my 1965 Austin Healey Sprite - it has been discussed on Sprite sites, but haven't found anyone whos actually done it -not posted anyway-

A stock '65 Sprite had 1098cc engine making about 50hp, so ANY Ecotec would be an awesome upgrade !

I would like to use the 2.4l from a Solstice along with the Aisin AR-5 5speed trans. - Anyone know what shifter I can use to mount on top rather than waaaay back stock version ?? A '65 Sprite has tight engine bay and even tighter trans tunnel. I don't mind cutting and welding to gain some room, but the footwells are small so I can't go too far. I want to bring this classic little roadster into the 21st century !

It would be nice if a list of Ecotec engines and transmissions WITH dimensions and applications could be compiled.

I will post any and all info and pictures on this project if I do it.

Thanks for the great site !!

Joe

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search