2.2 L4 ecotec saturn vue - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
2.2 L4 ecotec saturn vue
Thursday, April 02, 2009 12:44 PM
I have a fujita cold air intake, and am working on the savings to do the exhaust, cat, and hopefully headers. Anyone have any suggestions? I want to do this right. So no, I am not going to go throw nitrus at it right away. I do want the engine to run for a while, but I just need to give it some more ponies.

Re: 2.2 L4 ecotec saturn vue
Monday, May 25, 2009 9:12 PM
I have a beautiful 2003 Vue 2.2 with a very rare 5 speed stick shift. i have a fujita intake too and a custom built single to dual split exuast with side pipes out back. so ive got the basics done. now, i wanna add a header,an intake manifold, a throttle body spacer and hopefully a chip upgrade or reflash. you arethe only one ive seen so far on this site with an ecotec saturn vue! lol! well, its been awhile since posted ur blog so i was hoping you have found the parts you wanted (e.g headers,cat). if you have found any good places for more perfomance parts for your vue , let me know. keep in touch and i will pass on my ideas to you. ok hope you got some ideas 4 me! lol!
Re: 2.2 L4 ecotec saturn vue
Monday, May 25, 2009 9:33 PM
btw, if you are still looking for more performance parts you can use my methods. first, since you have the intake, get a cat back exaust system. i used 2.5 inch piping (u shouldn't go any bigger than 2.5 inch pipes) and i went straight down the center of the undercarraige with a single inlet/dual outlet cherry bomb vortex model muffler centered in the middle of the rear axle area, and finished with side pipe exits under the rear bumper. the perfect way to run your exuast piping is straight down the center along with the muffler and you can have the tail pipes exit where you want as long as they dont scrape the ground. just remember to follow two important rules when taking your vue to a muffler shop. 1) do not weld the pipe too close to the cat. the O2 sensor is plugged in just after the cat so stay about 4-5 inches away from the cat where you weld your pipe or it can cause damage to the O2 sensor and light your MIL lamp. (think of it as a "4 inches away from the cat back exaust"). 2) keep your piping 2.75 inches or a little less. 2.5 inches is perfect considering the 2.2 is a fairly large 4 banger and the vue has a higher compression than the other 2.2's. anything smaller is too restrictive and anything bigger will cause a power DECREASE. and you dont want that! lol! ok let me know how it works out for you and keep in touch if you have any questions!!
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search