ecotec swap in another car, help needed - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
ecotec swap in another car, help needed
Wednesday, July 28, 2010 4:59 PM
hey folks, thanks for opening up and reading my thread. im interested in taking the engine out of my car and swapping with an ecotec. its not a gm and from the early 90s so none of the wiring will work. it would have to be a complete swap.

im really looking at a 2 litre turbo from the saturn sky redline or solstice gxp. naturally i want the option of going from the stock 260hp to the 290 with the gm factory upgrade if its still available.

my question is, if i can get the engine to fit to the saab f40 trans and in the hole, will the engine work if i use the stock wiring harness and ecu? my concern is that since there is no cat, abs or anything on the car that the stock ecu wouldnt work. is this true? or do i have to do some reprogramming? any advice would be really great. i really want to use one of these engines.

Re: ecotec swap in another car, help needed
Saturday, August 14, 2010 10:58 AM
any swap is possible.

what car are you swapping the engine into?

whatever it is you'll more than likely need everything from the donor ecotec car. bcm, ecu, engine, engine harnesses etc. etc. and you may end up having to tune it using hpt software

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search