Need help Identifying a motor I'm looking to buy - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Need help Identifying a motor I'm looking to buy
Friday, July 15, 2011 12:44 AM
Can any one help please? I currently have a '03 2.2 ecotec out of a cavalier in my 1974 VW Thing but a guy is selling a new motor on Race-Dezert and everything looks the same except the fuel rail. And I do understand that there is 2 different types of injectors for that year but the new motor is not familiar at all to me. The fuel rail has a fitting on the end where the return line would normally go but no fuel pressure regulator or anything on that end. On the opposite end it appears to have some kind of fitting that might be a fuel pressure regulator but I cant tell and there is a barb fitting right above the second injector at the front of the motor. And the other notable difference is that the oil filler cap has a raised area along the center of the cap as where my '03 is flat . Sorry I'm trying to figure out how to get the photo's posted but hopefully someone cane come to my rescue.

Re: Need help Identifying a motor I'm looking to buy
Tuesday, August 16, 2011 7:37 AM
if you don't want to change plumbing, just use your old fuel rail. Questions? give me a call, Steve Humphrey 909 910 3867
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search