Broken Ecotec front timing chain guide bolt? Have I got a fix for that! - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Broken Ecotec front timing chain guide bolt? Have I got a fix for that!
Wednesday, September 26, 2012 11:14 AM
As your timing chain stretches on your Ecotec, the tensioner cant extend enough, or if it fails completely the chain starts to slapping hard against the front guide.
If it has been doing it for a while, it will eventually snap off the upper shoulder bolt or cause it to loosen and tear out the threads and enlarge the mounting hole.
It can be expensive to fix since most times, the head has to be taken off to do the repair. Not to mention the added expense of a new head gasket and head bolts, etc.
After doing many of these repairs the hard way (over 20 of them) I decided there had to be a better way.
After searching the web for a fix for this and finding nothing, I designed a replacement part that only takes a minute to install and will never break.

I am attaching a photo of this to show everyone what it looks like. I am going to add a video showing how easy it is to install this sometime this week.

If I cant add the photo for some reason, just e-mail me and I'll send it to you. I will send the video to whoever asks for it.
Happy motoring!
mbrandt1952@yahoo.com

Re: Broken Ecotec front timing chain guide bolt? Have I got a fix for that!
Monday, January 14, 2013 6:52 PM
My cobalt is in the shop they said guide is broken it jumped time it had a timing kit put in a year ago and this guide was replaced the tensiner failed a week after kit was installed it was replaced now a year later this happened. Mechanic thinks I have another problem. Do I have another problem or is it equipment failure
Re: Broken Ecotec front timing chain guide bolt? Have I got a fix for that!
Friday, November 29, 2019 7:51 AM
I tried to reply to this thread but my email got kicked back. Are you still around? Do you still have these replacement parts? You can email me directly at msmusic2@yahoo.com.

Mark
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search