taillight blackouts - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
taillight blackouts
Sunday, January 09, 2005 11:14 AM
for some dumb reason i cant seem to find taillight blackouts for my 2003 sunfire... i noticed a few ppl have them here, hook me up please

Re: taillight blackouts
Sunday, January 09, 2005 6:28 PM
I used vht to tint the tails. Looks pretty good if I say so myself.
Sunday, January 09, 2005 6:45 PM
vht? sorry i dunno what that is
Monday, January 17, 2005 8:10 PM
Vht is a brand of spray paint. It's called nite shades.
Tuesday, January 18, 2005 6:39 PM
really... thats clever. i might haveto try that. does it hold up nicely to the weather?
Tuesday, January 18, 2005 7:25 PM
Hasn't fadded yet. Except for the side that is completely smashed out.Clicky
Wednesday, January 19, 2005 7:43 PM
YUK MAN! that sux. how much light is let through the paint?
Wednesday, January 19, 2005 8:06 PM
It is suppose to turn transparent when light is put through it. I got a can for my friends civic. He wasted the whole can on the inner two tail lights. It was really blacked out. You could see the colors perfectly through them at night. Pretty cool.
Thursday, January 20, 2005 8:46 PM
where can i find some of this stuff?
Friday, January 21, 2005 9:08 PM
Summit
Saturday, January 22, 2005 12:33 PM
I've had mine done for about two 2 1/2 years now and they are fading but that will happen. Trick. after applying 3 light coats (more if you want it dark) & Clear them. I used the dupicolor wheel clear. 3 or so coats of that with a light wet sand or just wax and they will look smooth as glass. A lot of people forget to clear them and they sometime look like a satin type on finish. You can also do this with the Dupi metalcast trans. colors. for altezzas or corner lights and fog lights but they dis color a little because of the heat. If you have a q's email me.

Quote: no ofence man but if you have so much experience in all that why does your car look like crap?

Saturday, January 22, 2005 7:01 PM
I have clear coating, but the way my friends came out I felt I didn't want mine like that.
Saturday, January 22, 2005 10:32 PM
hmmm....sounds like steve has somethinking to do...haha
thanks for yur help dudes
Sunday, January 30, 2005 4:41 PM
another option might be to use window tint, i have nt done it but im gonna do my reverse lights soon b/c they dont look right with the c/f bezel, neither do my chrome tails
Sunday, January 30, 2005 7:04 PM
i thought about that actually might be a good idea
Monday, February 07, 2005 6:34 PM
tried to use some sungard 20% to tint the tails and it dfidnt work woldnt stay down and couldnt work the bubbles out
Tuesday, February 08, 2005 6:33 AM
Use the spray!

Quote: no ofence man but if you have so much experience in all that why does your car look like crap?

Tuesday, February 08, 2005 1:02 PM
did you clean the window first? if you mix up alittle water and a little baby shampoo in a spray bottle after you clean the light you spray thta on, then put the tint on. it seems easier to me and it makes the inside of your car smell clean if you tint your windows like that, and i just use an old credit card to push the bubbles out starting from the center and working your way out,
Tuesday, February 08, 2005 8:47 PM
i did it when i was having my windows done... so yes i used the stuff he had...plus he had all the tools and we couldnt get it to work
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search