trans bolt patteren - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
trans bolt patteren
Thursday, January 13, 2005 11:43 AM
If the trans bolt pattern on all the ecotec 4-cyl the same?

Re: trans bolt patteren
Monday, June 06, 2005 11:08 AM
I'm pretty sure it is. But getrag transmission bolt patterns are different between 2200 and ecos
Monday, June 06, 2005 4:59 PM
wouldn't that mean that the bolt pattern for the Ecotec is unique to itself, and requires a trans with a bolt pattern that matches. IE 2.4, 95-97, 2.2, 2200 are all different to the Ecotec but may be interchangeable with each other. did that make sense, too much work today.

Tuesday, June 07, 2005 5:53 PM
From what I've read and been told, the 2.4 transmission auto or manual will not bolt up to either 2.2L.

The 2.4 used an Isuzu manual transmission. The 2.2's used a Getrag transmission.
So, no they will not bolt up.

I'm going to be doing an 2.2 ohv to ecotec swap in a few months. I was told by a JBO member (suncavi), who has done about 5 engine and trans swaps, that the getrag in 2.2ohv will not bolt up to the ecotec.

So, yes Cinny, the ecotecs bolt pattern is unique.
Tuesday, June 07, 2005 6:03 PM
with a little luck I will be doing the same thing come August, gotta save that money, well that and i want a spare head to PnP and put on there, so I'm searching car-part.com for that.

Tuesday, June 07, 2005 6:14 PM
I think this is the complete performance handbook for ecotec. It's a 27.8MB pdf files so it might take forever to load.

It has alot of very important and interseting things. Including how tos to building an ecotec from stock-200hp, 200hp-400hp & 400hp-650hp.

http://www.gm.com/company/gmtunersource/downloads/gm_sport_compact_performance_build_book.pdf

I'm in the same boat. Saving the money for the motor build is one thing. Saving money for the swap is another.

Head work.. look into getting a 3 angle valve job and getting oversized valves as well.

Check local salvage yards, if you are getting it machined, it doesn't have to be new. Just not cracked or warped.
Tuesday, June 07, 2005 6:23 PM
Also, better roller lifters / followers, cams, and timing gears.

I lucked out and a rich guy blew is head gasket and bought a new ecotec and paid for the core. So, I got to take the other one home for free.

Now I just need $1000-$2000 for the build up. another $1000 for the supercharger. And last but not least another $1500 for trans, ecm, engine harness, SC radiator, & bunch of little things.
Tuesday, June 07, 2005 6:34 PM
I downloaded the Ecotec performance handbook the other day, it did take awhile.

I think on my next day off I'm going to go down to the U-pull-it and see what I can find.as far as a head goes i do the PnP myself. I'll just have to be more careful than I would be with a iron head.

Wednesday, June 08, 2005 9:49 AM
I'm not a machinist, so I can't offer any help on PnP do-it-yourself. You are braver than me. I'm to affraid of not doing perfectly, so I'm gonna take my head to a machine shop. Since I'm going to have larger valves insalled, I figured to just let the shop do everything.

I'm not sure if thats the actual ecotec book or not. But, it is from GM and it is about the ecotec.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search