mesh - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
mesh
Monday, January 31, 2005 8:48 PM
i bought some aluminum mesh for my fire and i cant figure out a way to put it on... it si for the lower front end. i dont want it to look cheap and use screws or whatever. i tried touse clear caulk but it didnt seem to want to dry. any easy ways to do this without making it look cheap?

Re: mesh
Tuesday, February 01, 2005 5:12 PM
epoxy!

Quote: no ofence man but if you have so much experience in all that why does your car look like crap?

Tuesday, February 01, 2005 5:35 PM
is there any mesh thats realistically the same thing to buy other than the real auto mesh thats like 50 bucks for 3 feet? (painting white anyway so color doesnt matter)
Wednesday, February 02, 2005 6:07 AM
Go to home depot and look to see what they have.

Quote: no ofence man but if you have so much experience in all that why does your car look like crap?

Friday, February 04, 2005 5:44 AM
$5 at Home Depot got me mesh <br>

Among the winners, there is no room for the weak
Friday, February 04, 2005 10:09 AM
yea home depot isnt in flin flon ahahah, but i got some frrom home hardware for 5.65! @!#$ the 40 bucks they want at can tire
Monday, February 07, 2005 6:29 PM
yea wont epoxy make a mess? and what kind do u reccomend?
Wednesday, February 09, 2005 6:42 AM
Oh yea it can get messy but if you leave slack around the edges of the mesh to fold around the back side of the opening and epoxy it there. Its one of those things your going to have to look at and see where you can glue it and it won't bee seen when your looking at it. You will have to take your time and do sections at a time. You can use JB weld too. I would get an epoxy that will work with plastic and metal. Big key is to mix it well. I cut my stock bumper and was able to wedge it between the bumper cover and and the bumper and zip tied the bottom of the mesh to the lower lip where it was out of site and it looked good. Maybe look for something like that.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search